The biggest secret in Red Dead Redemption 2 is hidden in a shack, in a tucked away corner of Bayou NWA, north of Saint Denis. This unassuming shack offers a ton of secrets, and the strange foreseer says that she “knows us” when we enter. Sounds familiar?
Fans of Red Dead Redemption 1 have puzzled over the ‘Strange Gentleman’ that appears three times to John Marston. This top-hat wearing figure knows all about John’s past, and sends him on little morality play missions. At the end, John shoots at the ‘Strange Gentleman’ in anger, but misses. When John says “Damn you!” — the Gentleman replies that “Many have.” What does it all mean? Is the ‘Strange Gentleman’ really God?
Whatever your theory, the most cryptic character in Red Dead Redemption is back. And we’re going to show you how to make him reappear. Beware, there are going to be spoilers in the following article.
More Red Dead Redemption 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 36 Tips, Tricks & Hidden Mechanics | What The Game Doesn’t Explain
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 15 Features You Might Not Know About | Beginner’s Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Get Unlimited Ammo, Super Horses & More | Cheat Codes List
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Solve Every Treasure Map | Locations Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find A Fairytale Hill House | Easter Egg Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Earn Money Fast | Easy Cash Guide ($3,000+)
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Get A (Free!) Elite Horse | Taming Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Unlock Free Fast-Travel | All Fast Travel Methods Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All Legendary Hunting Locations | Master Hunting Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find The Legendary Fishing Map | Fishing Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Get Perfect Pelts | Hunting Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find Secret Weapons | Unique Gun Locations Guide
How To Encounter The Strange Gentleman Again | Easter Egg Guide
To encounter the Strange Gentleman, you need to find the Foreseer’s Shack.
- The Foreseer’s Shack is located in Bayou NWA. Southwest of the “B” in “BAYOU”, there’s a small body of water on your map next to the railroad tracks. The shack is located in this little spot.
The cabin itself is covered in writings on the walls, and the occupant of the shack states that they “know us” — similar to the ‘Strange Gentleman’ missions in the first game. This shack (and the interior) changes as you complete more of the game.
A painting appears in the center of the shack, and the image slowly becomes more clear as you progress. Once you hit 100% completion, you’ll be able to witness the final Easter egg at this location.
At 100% Completion, the painting in the Foreseer’s Shack will reveal itself — it’s the Strange Gentleman from RDR1. Not only that, but if you look in the mirror, you can actually see the Strange Gentleman standing in the room next to you. He isn’t visible anywhere else. Only the mirror.
After a few days pass, the painting will disappear. If you examine the painting, you’ll take a note in your journal about Beecher’s Hope — the place where your final encounter with the Strange Gentleman was, and also the site where John and Abigail Marston were buried.
There’s more to this secret area. Messages will appear depending on your choices — whether you killed or spared Jimmy Brooks. You can also find a map of Armadillo with a cryptic note.
Source: [The Red Dead Mysteries Subreddit]