Gorogoa is not a traditional puzzle game. Rather than taking direct control of a character, you’ll manipulate tiles to change the environment — it helps each tile (or frame) is a beautifully depicted, hand-drown image, telling a somber story of a boy working to save his home from disaster.
A giant mythological creature appears in the unnamed boy’s city. The creature becomes the boy’s obsession, and the only way to appease this creature is by collecting five offerings. The journey to get all five fruits and present them to the mythological creature is your primary goal, and you’ll be jumping to various time periods, working your way through memories, locations, and photographs fluidly.
The first step is really simple — get the blue bowl, and get the first offering. This is the shortest chapter, but things are going to get really complicated, really quickly.
Gorogoa Walkthrough – Table of Contents
Chapter 1 | Complete Puzzle Guide
Gorogoa isn’t a traditional puzzle game. You’ll need to manipulate tiles; moving, separating, or combining tiles to solve puzzles. Below, you’ll find step-by-step instructions for each puzzle in simple language, explaining only the bare-bones of each puzzle in strict detail. Check out the gallery for images showing every step of the puzzle.
- On the first tile, zoom out [B / Prompt will appear when moused over.]
- Examine the diagram of the creature -> Click the blue offering bowl under the creature. Click into the bowl until the blue bowl and the five offerings are the only image.
- From the offering bowl, zoom out — the frame will split into four tiles.
- Drag the city view frame to remove the window frame.
- Window View Frame: Zoom out and click right to see the boy in the closet with a bowl.
- City View Frame: Zoom in on the city until you view a door with the red symbol. Drag the frame to an empty tile to split the image. You know have a Red Symbol Door and an Empty Doorway Frame.
- Empty Doorway Frame: Place this tile over the Closet Frame. See how the Empty Door and the Closet match? The boy will leave the closet and step onto the rooftop.
- Rooftop / Boy Frame: Split the Rooftop / Boy Frame so an empty doorway appear. The boy will think about the red symbol. Zoom out of the Closet Frame and into the painting of the apple.
- Rooftop / Boy Frame: Zoom into the blue bowl, and place it under the Apple Frame.
- Red Symbol Door Frame: Go right and a bird will land on the tree branch. Zoom in on the tree branch / bird.
- Bird / Branch Frame: Place the bird to the left of the hanging apple branch. Zoom all the way in on the blue bowl and place it under the Apple Frame.
You now have the red apple in the blue bowl. That’s it for the first chapter. There are a total of six chapters — and each one begins when you collect another of the five offerings. There are four more offerings (and five chapters) to go.