Fallout 4: Vault-Tec – How to Equip Settlers With Vault Suits
On PC, PS4 & Xbox One: Turn your settlers into productive vault dwellers in the Vault-Tec Workshop. See all the steps involved right here.
Once you gain control of the new Vault 88 settlement, settlers will start streaming into the safety of a derelict bunker that you can customize. That includes running tests and other nefarious experiments on the fresh population. Whether you want to be a good or bad Overseer, we’ve got the answers to the big question; how do you turn grubby surface settlers into actual Vault Dwellers. Don’t worry, it isn’t too tricky — you just need Vault Suits and a Pipboy. Get all the details below.
Explore Gameranx’s massive list of guides, how-to’s, secret locations, and everything else a fresh Vault 111 escapee needs to thrive on the Fallout 4 Ultimate Commonwealth Guide and become a true post-apocalyptic survivor.
Uncover everything you need to know about the Vault-Tc Workshop DLC with these guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Complete Overseer Quest Guide
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Unlock All Build Areas for Vault 88
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Unlock Secondary Vault 88 Entrances
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Huge Radioactive Material Deposit Location
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Track Lost Companions
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Improve Your Face & Hairstyle With New Stations
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Power Your Vault Rooms & Lights
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – All Experiment Rewards & Results
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Get 100 Settlement Happiness the Easy Way
Vault-Tec – How to Equip Settlers With Vault Suits
- To equip a settler with a Vault Suit and Pip-boy, you’ll need to complete the quest “A Model Citizen” and get started on Overseer Barstow’s ‘special project’.
- Agree to help Overseer Barstow with her experiments. At the end of the quest, you’ll interview a settler named Clem. He’s your Vault Dweller test subject.
- Complete talking to him, and you’ll begin the quest “Power to the People” — find all the gear for Clem in a Vault-Tec container near the Vault 88 entrance ramp
- The container has (10) Vault 88 Jumpsuits and (10) Pip-boys.
- To outfit Clem, follow these steps:
- Talk to Clem to open his inventory.
- Place one (1) Vault 88 jumpsuit and one (1) Pip-boy in Clem’s inventory.
- The Pip-boy will automatically equip. It is located in the [Misc] category of your inventory.
- Once the Vault 88 jumpsuit is in Clem’s inventory, select the suit and press [Triangle] on PS4. Press the [Equip] prompt on your platform to get Clem suited up.
- Your first Vault Dweller is now outfitted!
- The achievement / trophy will pop. Do the same for all your future residents — remember, just place a Vault Suit in a settler’s inventory, then select to [Equip] them.
Trophy / Achievement Unlocked:
- Vault Dweller (Bronze):
- Equip Vault 88 suit and Pip-boy on a settler