If you’ve lost companions to Fallout 4’s expansive wasteland, the Vault-Tec Workshop add-on finally includes a solution. By building a unique device in the Vault 88 settlement, you can track down any companion on the map. Whether they’ve been misplaced, you’ve left them somewhere or they’ve wandered off, this special method will mark companions on your map for easy retrieval.
It’s really easy, and it starts a new semi-quest to mark some (or all) of your companions. Now you no longer have to worry about lost companions — they can be tracked from any settlement, anywhere in the Commonwealth. You can even track companions from Far Harbor. Finally, Bethesda has added a feature people have been asking for since Fallout 3, and one that was included in a late patch to Fallout: New Vegas. Get all the details below.
Explore Gameranx’s massive list of guides, how-to’s, secret locations, and everything else a fresh Vault 111 escapee needs to thrive on the Fallout 4 Ultimate Commonwealth Guide and become a true post-apocalyptic survivor.
Uncover everything you need to know about the Vault-Tc Workshop DLC with these guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Complete Overseer Quest Guide
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – All Achievements / Trophies Guide
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – ‘Explore Vault 88’ Quest & Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Equip Settlers With Vault Suits
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Unlock Secondary Vault 88 Entrances
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Improve Your Face & Hairstyle With New Stations
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Power Your Vault Rooms & Lights
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Get 100 Settlement Happiness the Easy Way
Vault-Tec – How to Track Lost Companions
Lost a companion? Need help finding them? Use the amazing Vault-Tec Population Management System.
- Find this unique terminal under Power -> Miscellaneous
To build the Population Management System, you’ll need: (2) Rubber, (2) Copper, (2) Circuitry, (4) Aluminum, and one (1) unit of Power.
Only the Overseer can use this terminal. Complete all the quests from Overseer Barstow in Vault 88 to unlock the Population Management System.
The system has three functions:
- Find jobs for the unemployed
- Vocational overview
- Access VIP Tracker
Using the terminal reveals these three options. Option #1 allows you to automatically assign unemployed settlers to any other available vocations in your settlement. This only applies to the settlement where the Population Management System is located. Option #2 is similar, but you can easily reassign workers to different jobs.
Option #3: Access VIP Tracker is what we’re looking for. Accessing this menu allows you to track specific companions or you can track all companions at once.
Activating the VIP Tracker for any character begins the quest “Overseer’s Most Wanted” — mission waypoints appear on your map for all the companions set in the VIP Tracker. Make sure the quest “Overseer’s Most Wanted” is set as an active quest to track down any missing companions.
That’s all it takes! You can cancel the VIP Tracker from the Population Management terminal, or reset the tracker as often as you like. This handy tool means you’ll never lose your companions. Vault-Tec improves our lives once again.