Vault 88 might be the most expansive settlement in Fallout 4, and the underground complex included in the Vault-Tec Workshop add-on is positively full of hidden passages. Some of these passages, when revealed in the Workshop Mode, unlock new bonus entrances to Vault 88.
One extra pathway leads to a closed pharmacy — opening the door from the inside reveals a hidden door to Vault 88 that isn’t quite so far from civilization. Learn all about this cool closed-off location and how to unlock the room for fast-travel on the Commonwealth map with the quick steps (and a few screenshots) below. More entrances are always convenient for the Vault Dweller on the go.
Explore Gameranx’s massive list of guides, how-to’s, secret locations, and everything else a fresh Vault 111 escapee needs to thrive on the Fallout 4 Ultimate Commonwealth Guide and become a true post-apocalyptic survivor.
Uncover everything you need to know about the Vault-Tc Workshop DLC with these guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Complete Overseer Quest Guide
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – All Achievements / Trophies Guide
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – ‘Explore Vault 88’ Quest & Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Equip Settlers With Vault Suits
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Huge Nuclear Material Deposit Location
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Track Lost Companions
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Improve Your Face & Hairstyle With New Stations
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Power Your Vault Rooms & Lights
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – All Experiment Rewards & Results
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Get 100 Settlement Happiness the Easy Way
Vault-Tec – How To Unlock Secondary Vault 88 Entrances
To open the secret entrances, you’ll need to reactivate the Vault-Tec workshop in each area. The entrances are blocked by debris — to clear debris, enter Workshop Mode and select to [Scrap] the blockage. That clears the way to the exit doorway.
Activating the Vault-Tec workshops is part of the quest ‘Explore Vault 88’ — find all locations on our guide right here. Or browse the gallery below to find the elusive Control Board locations.
North Sector Secret Entrance:
Return to the Subway down the North Sector passage. Go to the room where the North Sector Control Board was located on a desk. Directly opposite the table, there’s a concrete passage between the tracks that’s blocked by a wooden barricade.
Enter Workshop Mode and scrap the barricade, then use the ladder up the steps. This unlocks a manhole entrance to Vault 88 right next to Milton General Hospital.
North-East Sector Secret Entrance:
Follow the North-East Sector signs back to the narrow cave path to eventually leads to a decrepit brick basement. This is the same area where you located the North-East Sector Control Board in the utility room. Climb the stairs up to the large basement, and continue up another set of stairs onto a wooden landing with tool kits on the right.
Enter the doorway here and clear the debris in Workshop Mode to open a passage into a lost pharmacy. The area is full of feral ghouls, so be prepared. Use the single unblocked doorway in the corner to exit out into the Commonwealth and unlock the secret entrance. This one is found just outside of University Point, and creates a new waypoint to University Point Pharmacy.
Those are all the bonus entrances to Vault 88 we’ve found so far. Are there others we missed? Let us know in the comments!