The Vault-Tec Workshop add-on unlocks a new underground settlement. As Overseer, you can construct a Vault of your own design thanks to all the additional workshop items and upgrades. Instead of building old messy junk, you can now construct unblemished pre-war furniture for a more comfortable living environment. Your settlers can even get Vault Suits and Pipboys to help them match their environment. Learn how to make a truly massive vault headquarters with the complete guide below.
Explore Gameranx’s massive list of guides, how-to’s, secret locations, and everything else a fresh Vault 111 escapee needs to thrive on the Fallout 4 Ultimate Commonwealth Guide and become a true post-apocalyptic survivor.
Uncover everything you need to know about the Vault-Tc Workshop DLC with these guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Complete Overseer Quest Guide
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – All Achievements / Trophies Guide
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Equip Settlers With Vault Suits
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Unlock Secondary Vault 88 Entrances
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Huge Nuclear Material Deposit Location
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Track Lost Companions
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Improve Your Face & Hairstyle With New Stations
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – How to Power Your Vault Rooms & Lights
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – All Experiment Rewards & Results
- Fallout 4: Vault-Tec Workshop – Get 100 Settlement Happiness the Easy Way
Vault-Tec – ‘Explore Vault 88’ Quest & Locations Guide
- The first build area you unlock in the “Vault-Tec Workshop” is in the lobby of Vault 88. You’ll need to complete the quest “Better Living Underground” to gain full access to the first build area.
- Next, you’ll gain the optional quest “Explore Vault 88” — there are three additional build areas you can unlock.
- North-East Sector
- East Sector
- North Sector
- You’ll need to turn on the special Vault-Tec Workshops at each sector to unlock the extra building areas.
- Look for the large signs pointing to each of the sectors in the central hub.
- Enter workshop mode and scrap the rockslides blocking your path into each area. There are three tunnels that are blocked.
- North Sector Vault-Tec Workshop Control Board: Found in the subway station. Enter the second subway tunnel and turn left. There is a Vault-Tec container near a desk. The Control Board is located on the desk.
- North-East Sector Vault-Tec Workshop Control Board: The cavern leads to a brick interior cellar structure. At the bottom of the steps, there’s a utility closet. The control board is located on the metal cabinets.
- East Section Vault-Tec Workshop Control Board: The easiest Control Board is in the East Section. Follow the subway tracks down the east path and turn right into a concrete utility room with several feral ghouls. There is a metal cabinet with the control board.
- Watch out! A Mirelurk Queen appears in the water of the east section.
- Return the Control Boards to the Vault-Tec Workshops marked on your waypoint to unlock all three zones. Only one is required to begin your vault, but all three are needed to earn the ‘Better Living Undergroud’ trophy / achievement.
- Look for limestone walls or rockslides in each sector. Scrap these walls to open shortcuts back to the hub.
Trophy / Achievement Unlocked:
- Better Living Underground (Bronze):
- Unlock all build areas of Vault 88