A King can’t settle for second best — find the all-powerful Royal Arms hidden in tombs across the overworld with these dungeon locations. There are a total of 13 Royal Arms found throughout Final Fantasy 15, and while these legendary weapons aren’t exactly ultimately over-powered, they are still useful bits of equipment that’ll give Noctis an instant stat increase.
Royal Arms are an important part of the story, and all the optional Royal Tombs can be explored at almost any point — if you’re tough enough to deal with the enemies within. Some of these tombs are extremely tough, but you can always check out the content in the post-game if you can’t handle the threats on your first go.
More Final Fantasy 15 secrets, tips, and guides:
- Final Fantasy 15: Run Infinitely With This Instant Stamina Refill Trick
- Final Fantasy 15: How to Fight Lvl. 99 Adamantoise | Optional Boss Guide
- Final Fantasy 15: How to Get the Regalia Type-F | Airship Guide
- Final Fantasy 15: How to Unlock Chocobo Riding | Mount Guide
- Final Fantasy 15: Max Out Every Skill | Cooking, Fishing, Photos, Survival
- Final Fantasy 15: Sylvester Map Locations | Scraps of Mystery Guide
- Final Fantasy 15: Complete Achievements / Trophies Guide
- Final Fantasy 15: All Classic FF OST Locations | “Memories Of” Guide
All 13 Royal Arms Locations | Faithful Heir Guide
Royal Arms are a special class of weapon — no enemy is resistant to a Royal Arm, and all come with significant stat increases over other weapons of the same class. There is a downside though; Royal Arms drain your life when using them. You can still equip a Royal Arm and gain the benefits of their stats even if you don’t want to use them in combat.
There are 13 Royal Arms in total — 7 are collected as you progress through the main game, while 6 are optional and can only be collected by exploring Royal Tombs and other dungeons. All the Royal Arms can be collected in the post-game.
Royal Arms – Story Unlocks:
- Sword of the Wise
- Location: Chapter 2 – Earned during “Legacy” main quest.
- Axe of the Conqueror
- Location: Chapter 2 – Earned during “The Power of Kings” main quest.
- Swords of the Wanderer
- Location: Chapter 3 – Earned during “Sword in the Waterfall” main quest.
- Blade of the Mystic
- Location: Chapter 4 – Earned during “The Archaean” main quest.
- Katana of the Warrior
- Location: Chapter 10 – Earned during “The Hand of the King” main quest.
- Trident of the Oracle
- Location: Chapter 12 – Earned during “Breath of the Glacian” main quest.
- Sword of the Father
- Location: Chapter 13 – Earned during “A King’s Struggle” main quest.
Royal Arms – Optional Dungeon Unlocks:
- Shield of the Just
- Location: Thummels Glade, Tomb of the Just – Royal Tomb reward. (No dungeon / enemies.)
- Mace of the Fierce
- Location: Ravatagh Trail, The Rock of Ravatagh – Dungeon completion reward (Level 30).
- Scepter of the Pious
- Location: Maidenwater, Malmalam Thicket – Dungeon completion reward (Level 35).
- Star of the Rogue
- Location: The Vesperpool, The Myrlwood – Dungeon completion reward (Level 35).
- Bow of the Clever
- Location: The Callnegh Steps, Balouve Mines – Dungeon completion reward (Level 50).
- Sword of the Tall
- Location: The Fallgrove, Costlemark Tower – Dungeon completion reward (Level 55 – Night Only).
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked:
- Faithful Heir:
- Collected thirteen royal arms.