While hunting down the Izanagi’s Burden Exotic Sniper Rifle in Destiny 2: Black Armory, you’ll also find a strange item called the ‘Mysterious Datapad’. This weird little optional item gives you a completely separate quest called the ‘Lost Souvenir’, and it’s been stumping players with a tricky riddle.
That riddle is now solved. We’ve got the full explanation below. Just remember that the Izanagi’s Burden Sniper Rifle is required to complete this quest. If you don’t have it yet, go track it down then come back to the guide here.
The ‘Lost Souvenir’ quest rewards Guardians with an item called the Obsidian Accelerator. You’ll also earn an Obsidian Dreams emblem. The Obsidian Accelerator is pretty special — bring it to Ada-1 in the tower, and you’ll be able to enhance Black Armory weapons. It’s pretty neat, and unique to weapons found in this mini add-on.
More Destiny 2: Forsaken guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Last Wish Raid Guide | How To Beat Every Boss & Puzzle Encounter
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – 8 Essential Tips To Help You Master Gambit Mode | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Find Every Exotic Weapon (So Far) | Exotics Guide
How To Solve The ‘Lost Souvenir’ Puzzle | Mysterious Datapad Quest Guide
The ‘Lost Souvenir‘ quest is available from the ‘Mysterious Datapad‘ that is dropped during the ‘Mysterious Box‘ quest, which eventually also earn you the Izanagi’s Burden Sniper Rifle. That Sniper Rifle is required to solve ‘Lost Souvenir’, so complete that branch of the quest first.
The riddle is related to a new Black Armory location called Niobe Labs in the EDZ. It is located south of the Sojourner’s Camp, down the ruined bridge on the southern part of the map. At Niobe Labs, you’ll need these following weapons:
- Spiteful Fang Bow
- Tatara Gaze Sniper Rifle
- Hammerhead Machine Gun
You can earn the weapons by unlocking each of the first three forges (Volundr, Gofannon, Izanami) — each one is required to shoot certain symbols in Niobe Labs.
To actually activate ‘Lost Souvenir‘, go to the center of Niobe Labs and interact with a switch under the central platform. The quest will begin, and you’ll need to shoot seven symbols located around the labs area. For each symbol, you’ll need to shoot it with the correct weapon.
NOTE: The symbols will only appear when you aim the proper weapon at the correct location.
- Paper Missive (Bow)
- Just as you start, look on the blue display on the pillar. On the south face.
- Stormy Cloud (Machine Gun)
- On the pillar to the right of the previous one, very high up. On the west face.
- Temple Arch (Sniper Rifle)
- On the back-right pillar. Also high up. On the south face.
- Morning Sunrise (Bow)
- On the floor, to the right of the Paper Missive pillar.
- Star (Machine Gun)
- On the floor, on the raised balcony. In the center, between the two pillars.
- Hand (Machine Gun)
- On the floor, to the right of the Star symbol.
- Black Armory (Sniper Rifle)
- On the ceiling of the platform with the Star / Hand. Drop down to see it.
Once you shoot the symbols in the correct order with the correct weapon, waves of invulnerable Taken will appear. They all have shields that can only be damaged with the Izanagi’s Burden Sniper Rifle. Once you destroy the shield, you can damage them with any normal weapon — but only Izanagi’s Burden can kill them.
Wipe out the taken, and you’ll reach the final step of this quest. You’ll need to earn Forge Essence.
- How To Earn Forge Essence: Complete the Volundr, Gofannon, Izanami, and Bergusia Forges while wearing any full Black Armory armor set and using only Black Armory weapons.
Complete all four Forges with the Black Armory gear equipped and you’ll finally complete this quest. You’ll get an emblem and an Obsidian Accelerator, which can be used to enhance Black Armory weapons. It doesn’t seem like such a great reward, but just test it yourself and you’ll see why it might be worth all this trouble.
More Destiny 2: Forsaken guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Activate Heroic Tangled Shore Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Activate Heroic Dreaming City Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock New Supers | Visions of Light Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Paul McCartney Returns In This Hilarious Lost Sector | Easter Egg Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – All Region Chests Locations Guide | Tangled Shore
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – All Region Chests Locations Guide | The Dreaming City
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock The Dreaming City | Awoken Talisman Quest Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Use Small Gifts & Secret Cats | Reverie Armor Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock The Malfeasance Hand Cannon | Exotic Guide