A creature of the night stalks the streets of Saint Denis in Red Dead Redemption 2, and you can encounter the beast by following a hard-to-find set of clues. This isn’t your standard vampire either — this is a straight-up Nosferatu, with pointed ears and an ugly exterior that makes this particular chance encounter especially unique. If you want to find him yourself, you’ll need to track down five clues spread throughout Saint Denis.
The hardest part of this particular Easter egg is just finding the hidden locations. We’ve got them all mapped out in the gallery below, with pictures of each location to make things easier. The vampire is a deadly opponent, so be prepared before entering his killer alley — you might just full prey to the south’s very own bloodsucker.
More Red Dead Redemption 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 36 Tips, Tricks & Hidden Mechanics | What The Game Doesn’t Explain
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 15 Features You Might Not Know About | Beginner’s Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Get Unlimited Ammo, Super Horses & More | Cheat Codes List
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Solve Every Treasure Map | Locations Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find A Fairytale Hill House | Easter Egg Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Earn Money Fast | Easy Cash Guide ($3,000+)
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Get A (Free!) Elite Horse | Taming Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Unlock Free Fast-Travel | All Fast Travel Methods Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All Legendary Hunting Locations | Master Hunting Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find The Legendary Fishing Map | Fishing Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Get Perfect Pelts | Hunting Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find Secret Weapons | Unique Gun Locations Guide
How To Find The Secret Vampire | Chance Encounter Guide
To encounter a millennia old vampire, you’ll need to locate five messages written on the walls in Saint Denis. If you find all five, you’ll create a map shaped like a pentagram that shows where the vampire will appear at night.
- Scrawling #1: In the alley, north of the post office. Found in the hall behind the grass.
- Scrawling #2: Further north, in the arched hallway dead end.
- Scrawling #3: On the southern wall of the building with the butcher and general store.
- Scrawling #4: In a small courtyard behind a gate near the trapper’s location.
- Scrawling #5: On the side of a large red building north of the second “N” in Saint Denis.
After finding all five scrawlings and adding them to your journal, you’ll draw a map of the area. The vampire will now spawn south of the church, down an alley. Wait three days, then return at night to encounter the vampire. He may or may not appear — sleep at the large saloon and check the alley south of the church, shown on your pentagram map. If the kids are not in the alley, the vampire will spawn.
The vampire is a real Nosferatu, too! Don’t get too close, or he’ll kill you in a single knife attack. This isn’t just a regular guy, he’s clearly a strange monster that’s totally unique to the game, adding even more mystery to the wide, wide world of RDR2.