Have yourself some sweet dreams in Red Dead Redemption 2 with a secret collectibles quest — completing it will unlock the unique Ancient Arrowhead, which gives you a boost in bow-strength stamina. There are 20 Dreamcatchers spread across the states, and if you find them all, a reward will appear in the mysterious Elysian Pool caverns.
Actually locating the dreamcatchers is the problem. They’re hanging on trees, so at least they’re easy to spot from far away — but they’re also located in spots you probably won’t look. Turn on your Tracker Vision [R3+L3] to more easily spot the collectibles from a distance. They’ll glow yellow, and seeing how they’re hanging from trees, they aren’t too hidden. Check out the locations listed below to get them all, and get your reward.
More Red Dead Redemption 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 36 Tips, Tricks & Hidden Mechanics | What The Game Doesn’t Explain
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 15 Features You Might Not Know About | Beginner’s Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Get Unlimited Ammo, Super Horses & More | Cheat Codes List
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Solve Every Treasure Map | Locations Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find A Fairytale Hill House | Easter Egg Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Earn Money Fast | Easy Cash Guide ($3,000+)
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Get A (Free!) Elite Horse | Taming Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Unlock Free Fast-Travel | All Fast Travel Methods Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All Legendary Hunting Locations | Master Hunting Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find The Legendary Fishing Map | Fishing Guide
All Dreamcatcher Locations | Collectibles Quest Guide
[Work-in-Progress: Check back soon for map and video!]
Dreamcatchers are a unique collectible you can find any time after Chapter 2. If you find all 20, you’ll unlock the Ancient Arrowhead in Elysian Pool.
- Reward: The Ancient Arrowhead appears after finding all 20 dreamcatchers. Once collected, your stamina lowers 50% slower when using a bow.
Press [R3+L3] to activate Tracker Vision and the collectibles will be high-lighted at a distance — dreamcatchers are always hanging from trees at certain unique locations.
- Dreamcatcher #1: Right at the “N” in “Heartland”, in New Hanover.
- Dreamcatcher #2: Slightly north of Lonnie’s Shack in Lemoyne.
- Dreamcatcher #3: Just north of the Lemoyne border, north of “B” in “Bluewater Marsh”, at the fork in the road.
- Dreamcatcher #4: Right in the middle of the “O” in “New Hanover” on your map.
- Dreamcatcher #5: Just south of Elysian Pool in New Hanover.
- Dreamcatcher #6: Hanging from a tree on the southern shores of the Heartland Overflow in New Hanover.
- Dreamcatcher #7: In Lemoyne, near the Pig Farm along the northern border. It’s west of the pig farm.
- Dreamcatcher #8: Follow the train tracks east from Valentine, and you’ll find the dreamcatcher above the tracks, north of Citadel Rock.
- Dreamcatcher #9: East of the first “E” in “New Hanover” on your map.
- Dreamcatcher #10: Found just south of The Loft, in the far northeast corner of Grizzlies East.
- Dreamcatcher #11: Northeast of the Flatneck Station, before you reach Dakota River.
- Dreamcatcher #12: At the three-way fork in Roanoke Ridge, near the “E” in “Annesburg” on your map.
- Dreamcatcher #13: Southwest of Deer Cottage, in Roanoke Ridge — east of Annesburg.
- Dreamcatcher #14: South of the “U” in Annesburg, also in Roanoke Ridge.
- Dreamcatcher #15: Follow the road south of the “S” in Annesburg and you’ll spot the dreamcatcher near the path. Use tracking vision to spot it easier.
- Dreamcatcher #16: West of Caliban’s Seat in New Hanover.
- Dreamcatcher #17: A bit south of the first “E” in “Valentine”, in New Hanover.
- Dreamcatcher #18: South of the second “S” in ” Grizzlies West”, in Ambarino.
- Dreamcatcher #19: Just east of Cotorra Springs, in Ambarino.
- Dreamcatcher #20: Follow the main road south from Widow Rock. Use Tracker Vision to spot it as you travel down the road.
When you find all 20, Arthur will draw a constellation linking the locations. Travel to Elysian Pool and enter the large open chamber — on the right, you’ll find a matching cave drawing with the Ancient Arrow perk. Grab it and your bow will drain 50% less stamina.