[WARNING: contents of this article will spoil narrative.]
Detective Pikachu is rather unique in comparison to past installments of the hit Pokemon franchise. Within this video game, players will partner up with a talking Pikachu and solve a variety of mysterious cases. The overall game focuses on short QTE and gathering information.
Throughout the levels, players will need to find clues and speak with the NPCs to solve cases. In a sense, the game is a point-and-click type adventure title for the Nintendo 3DS. With that said, are you having trouble with a case? Then check out our walkthrough down below!
Walkthrough Table of Contents
- The Missing Necklace
- Escape From The Cave Cont.
- The Vial Cont.
- The Black Shadow Cont
- Waals Home Cont.
- Prove Waals’ Innocence Cont.
- Investigate The Park Cont.
- GNN Studio Tour Cont.
- -More Coming Soon-
- When you’re at the apartment you’ll want to look for clues regarding your father.
- Bulletin Board
- Closet By Bed
- The closet is locked but the key can be found in the candy jar on the shelf above the TV.
- Open the closet with the key and you’ll obtain notes and a map leading to Litwick Cave.
- When you reach Litwick Cave you’ll have to perform a QTE but afterwards, you’ll meet Meiko and Emilia.
How To Escape The Cave
- Interact with Litwicks at the entrance then head into the cave further until Pikachu alerts Tim of the ability to use a flying pokemon to escape.
- Speak with Meiko in order to learn that his bag is missing. You’ll find the bag by boulders near the entrance. Move the rocks and the bag will be uncovered.
- After you return the bag your next goal is to find a Drifblim so head further into the cave and interact with the Litwick.
- Eventually, you’ll reach a Glalie who is tired, we’ll soon bring water for it so after interacting with the Glalie you’ll press on.
- Take the frozen Drifloon and then take it to the Litwicks to melt away the ice. Now go back and progress further until you reach another set of Litwicks. You’ll find that you can interact with them without the help of Drifloon so you must go back and ask it for help.
- Afterwards, continue on and you’ll see three Noibats in order to find out where the Drifblim is located.
- Speak with the left Noibat to learn that each tunnel hosts a different Pokemon. You’ll then want to head to the right of the Noibats and interact the Litwick to reveal a river.
- Interact with the river and you’ll get a bottle of spring water. You’ll give this bottle to the Glalie we mentioned earlier. You can speak with Glalie about the different tunnels but it won’t know anything about it.
- Speak with the Drifloon and it will reveal that it lives in one of the tunnels. You’ll then need to speak with the Litwicks we interacted with throughout the level so far.
- The important Litwick to speak with is by the reporters who will reveal that they reside to the left tunnel.
Case Memo Puzzle Solution
- Left Tunnel: Litwick
- Middle Tunnel: Drifloon
- Right Tunnel: Noibat
- After solving the puzzle you’ll go back and speak with the Noibat at the right tunnel and you’ll find that Drifblim will lend his services but it will need a strong breeze.
- At this point you need to go back to the river and determine where the breeze is coming from and then report back to Meiko and Emilia.
- Pikachu will then chime and you’ll need to answer “freeze it” so you’ll need to speak with the Glalie.
- Go across the ice pathway and reach the blocked passage. You’ll then need to speak with Pikachu and suggest making a tool.
- You’ll need three items to craft the Pickaxe. The wood will be by the entrance of the cave, a sharp rock will be to the right of the reporters and lastly the belt can be obtained from speaking with Emilia.
- Wood > Belt > Sharp Rock