Leveling up isn’t always easy in Hogwarts Legacy. As a new student at Hogwarts, you’ll have to catch up to the rest of the students by taking part in extreme extracurricular activities — hunting trolls, clearing out goblin camps, and discovering the secrets left behind by powerful wizards. The world of Hogwarts actually doesn’t throw a lot of XP at the player. There are dungeons to explore and enemies to fight, but both are pretty rare. Most of your activities involve solving puzzles and using your magical prowess to grab collectibles all over the map. You’ll be crafting potions, raising plants, customizing your own personal secret base, and only sometimes fighting enemies in the wild.
And you can very easily lag behind. After the seasons change in Hogwarts, you’ll need to be Level 13, 14, 15 and higher to continue progressing through the main story. XP isn’t easy to come by at certain points in the story, and even clearing out enemy encampments or delving into dungeons will only net you a small fraction of the XP you need while also taking hours to complete. That’s why we went searching and found by far the simplest way to gain levels in the game so far. This is a repeatable method, so if you need to earn several levels to progress in the story, you can do that in 10 minutes or less. Here’s how to earn all the XP you’ll need in Hogwarts Legacy.
More Hogwarts Legacy guides:
Sorting Ceremony Guide | Character Customization Guide | How To Unlock Broom Flight | All Hogwarts Puzzle Object Solutions | How To Solve Beast Symbol Doors | How To Craft Healing Potions | How To Increase Gear Slots | How To Unlock Doors | How To Catch A Hippogriff | How To Earn Money Fast | House Tokens Locations Guide
How To Farm XP Fast & Level Up
To unlock main quests in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll need to reach level requirements. In the later parts of the game, the level requirements increase much faster. If you’re lagging behind in your XP and just want to level up fast, there’s an extremely easy way to do it — and it can be repeated infinitely.
- Unlocking The Battle Arena: Travel to the far north of the map, east of the Forbidden Forest. Reach the East North Ford Bog Floo Flame and travel northeast to locate the Battle Arena.
- To unlock the Combat Arena, you need to destroy 20 pots around the ruins. There are several on the interior walls of the ruins and on the exterior. Circle the wall on the inside and then outside to find all 20. There are none positioned high up or in areas you can’t see from the ground.
The Battle Arena is a difficult 7 wave battle, where you’ll have to fight increasingly difficult and large waves of enemies. On Normal or higher difficulty, this can be a real challenge — you’ll need many healing potions and plenty of skills to survive. Completing a full run is enough to gain a full level through the early and mid-game. And it can take 10~ minutes or less per run.
- How To Farm XP: Unlock the BattleArena in the northeast of the map.
- Go to Settings and change the difficulty to Story.
- Run through all 7 waves. You’ll earn XP for completing a wave, defeating enemies, and fulfilling any combat challenge requirements.
- Later waves reward 150~ XP, quickly getting you enough to level up.
For a single run, I was able to earn a full level in the mid-game, going from Level 13 to Level 14, then to Level 15 in a second run. You can repeat the Combat Arena as many times as you want, and by defeating Poachers, Spiders and Inferni you’ll complete higher level combat challenges, earning even more XP.
You can turn up the difficulty to Normal after grinding. There’s no penalty for changing difficulty at any time, so feel free to use the Combat Arena to give yourself fast levels with only a little effort. On Story difficulty, even if you’re under-leveled for these challenges, you’ll be able to overcome and win without wasting your healing potions.