Permanent upgrades to your life bar and force meter are rare in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. To get more of both meters, you’ll need to find essence upgrades in secret locations — and one isn’t enough, you’ll need to find three to boost your bars. If you’ve played God Of War or Legend of Zelda, it basically works like those games; grab three identical items, and they’ll merge to give you a boost.
There aren’t too many of these Essences, so we’re going to explain where you can find them all. Each planet only contains a handful, and you won’t be able to get them all on your first visit. You might need new abilities that you don’t yet possess, or explore areas that aren’t open. Either way, we’ll provide all the info you need to reach these valuable treasures and extend your precious life / force meters.
More Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order guides:
Health & Force Upgrade Locations Guide
There are two types of glowing upgrades you can unlock — Life Essence and Force Essence. Collect three of each to increase your maximum health or maximum force meters.
- Force Essence #1: Use Force Slow on the fan-blades to enter the room packed with spinning fans. Use Force Slow again on the floor-blades to cross over and get your first essence.
- Life Essence #1: Near the fan-blade chamber, there’s a dark passage blocked by bars. Cut through them, and follow the path to an optional boss monster. This creature is too difficult for your first visit. Come back later when you’re strong! It guards a life essence.
- Life Essence #2: From the Subterranean Refuge checkpoint, go down the path that leads to a narrow pass you must wall-run and jump up. At the top, turn around and wall-run and jump to the swinging vines to reach a hidden alcove.
- Force Essence #2: At the Abandoned Workshop, climb up the vines from the water and use BD-1’s Scomp Link upgrade to hack the door. You’ll find this essence upgrade on the other side.
- Force Essence #3: From the Crash Site, go to the Broken Wing area. Reach the left raised platform and use Overcharge to disable the red shield. Squeeze through, and you’ll reach a tall circular room. Follow the stairs up to a narrow path that leads to a mini-boss arena — continue down a dark path to a puzzle room. Cut the electricity wire to cross the water and reach a lift that leads to this tricky essence.
- Life Essence #3: In the Crash Site, find the dark cave with three smashers. Once BD-1 has the Overcharge upgrade, activate the smashers and use Force Slow to jump the gaps and reach this essence.
- Life Essence #4: Down in the Tomb of Mitrull, you’ll reach a series of circular platforms. Land on the platform with the vine wall you need to ride, and push an exploded plant into the cracked wall to reveal the location.
- Force Essence #4: In the Spire of Miktrull, in the third level of the central section, enter the side-passage with a gate. Use Force Push to get a fire lantern, then throw it up and above the lowered gate to burn through the vines.
- Force Essence #5: At the top of the Venator Wreckage — an optional area you can access from the Crash Site once you unlock double jump. At the very top, there’s a rope you can use to swing to this secret area.
- Life Essence #5: From the Gusty Bluffs checkpoint, go up and use Force Slow to platform through two spinning fans. Reach the cave, and you’ll find essence at the end.
- Life Essence #6: At the Auger Pulverizers area, reach the area with the three pulverizers slamming into the cliffs. Reach the ledge with the poles and jump onto the pulverizers from above — use Force Slow, and you’ll be able to jump on top of all three to a hidden ledge.
- Force Essence #6: In the Tomb of Eilram, you’ll find this force essence under a metal circle. You need to use Force Pull to move the giant metal ball onto the slot to reveal a hidden area.
- Life Essence #7: At the Crash Site, return to the zip-line you’ll need to use to reach the Dig Site. There’s a body to the left of the zip-line with an unmissable body.
- Force Essence #7: At the Imperial Refinery checkpoint above a big fight where giant spiders are fighting stormtroopers below, go to the raised cliff where a stormtrooper is shooting. There’s a narrow passage here that leads to essence and an optional boss.
- Life Essence #8: Go up the path that connects the Shadowlands to the Overgrown Pass — it’s where you can push the pipe down to create a shortcut. The shortcut is located right after the room with a Purge Trooper and multiple other troopers guarding the Wookie prison block.
- Force Essence #8: In the Forest Trench area, right near the landing pad, return to the room where you gain the BD-1 Overcharge upgrade. Ride the zip-line up to the essence once you unlock the ascender.
- Force Essence #9: In the Imperial Refinery, go to where you can climb on the exterior wookie cells above the brown water. Climb up to the doorway, then climb on the pipe to reach an optional area. Slow the spinning fan blades to reach this essence.
- Life Essence #9: At the Strangled Cliffs, right past the rope shortcut where the spiders spawn, look left for a lower passage. Use Force Push to move the wooden platform back , down, and left to reach a vine wall. Climb along it to find this essence spot.
- Life Essence #10: At the Brother’s Bastion, go to the workbench where you unlock the double-bladed lightsaber, near where you originally meet the Mysterious Man. Continue to follow the path into the cave past the workbench and you’ll reach this essence.
- Force Essence #10: Go to the exterior checkpoint at the Witch’s Horn that’s located above the giant bat boss arena. From there, climb the porous rock wall — the essence is to the right, at the top.
- Force Essence #11: At the Shattered Lake, there’s an optional path attached to the landing site. Wall-run to reach a platform with this easy force essence.
- Life Essence #11: In the Crystal Caves, from the checkpoint, look for an optional opening you can wall-run through. Crawl through the narrow path, wall-run more and you’ll reach an essence. You can’t miss it.
- Force Essence #12: From the Crystal Caves checkpoint, follow the path into the larger cavern — go through the main passage and turn right. As you enter, look left for a lengthy platforming section. Complete it to get a secret essence at the end.
[More coming soon!]