If you’re a hardcore Mortal Kombat 11 player, you’re probably wondering what the deal is with those strange head placards in the Warrior Shrine. The Krypt, the area where you’ll spend your various in-game currencies, is full of mysteries, and the final room of the Krypt that’s only available to long-time players is Shang Tsung’s Throne Room. Hidden behind the entrance doors, you’ll need to earn a whole lot of fatalities to unlock this area.
The second most difficult area is located in the Mountain Pass, in the cavern beneath the Dragon Amulet door. There are three difficult amulets you’ll need to collect to solve that puzzle. For a full guide explaining every step, check out the Dragon’s Amulet Grotto Puzzle Solution here.
The Dragon Amulet Grotto puzzle requires a staggering 10,000+ Soul Fragments to complete. That might sound like an insane amount of grinding, but solving the Warrior Shrine puzzle is actually going to take you a whole lot longer. Seriously.
More Mortal Kombat 11 guides:
- Mortal Kombat 11: 11 Incredibly Useful Tips & Tricks You Need To Know | Beginner’s Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11: All Shao Khan Character Chest Locations | Krypt Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Input All Secondary Fatalities | Hidden Fatality List
How To Unlock Shang Tsung’s Throne Room | Warrior Shrine Heads Puzzle Guide
To unlock the final room of the Krypt, Shang Tsung’s Throne Room, you’ll need to place heads on the matching spikes in the Warrior Shrine.
To get a head, you need to earn 50 Fatality kills on a character in the tower. You’ll unlock the character’s head, and place it on the matching marker / spike in the Warrior Shrine. After placing a head, collect the check that unlocks to get special items related to that character.
To unlock Shang Tsung’s Throne Room, you’ll need to place 10 heads in the Warrior Shrine. That’s 500 Fatalities total.
- NOTE: Brutalities DO NOT COUNT. It must be 50 fatalities. Fatalities performed with AI Fighters do count, so you can farm fatalities in Endless / Survival towers, or just keep fighting bosses over and over again.
After placing 10 heads, the doors near the entrance of the Krypt, where your character first started, will open. You’ll be able to gain access to the last large room of the Krypt.
Shang Tsung’s Throne Room, once unlocked, reveals the hardest-to-reach area of the Krypt. While it seems like the Krypt is completely random, certain chests will always contain the same rewards — and the same ‘pool’ of items will appear in the Krypt, no matter what.
More Mortal Kombat 11 guides:
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Unlock Every Area Of The Krypt | Key Items Locations Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11: Having Trouble With Combos? Change These Settings | Combo Tips [VIDEO]
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Use AI Fighters To Easily Beat Towers | Heart Farming Tips
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Get Every Costume | Skin Unlocking Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Unlock Bug-Vorah, D’Vorah’s Playable Baby | ‘Total Disrespect’ Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Unlock Frost | Secret Fighter Guide