While exploring the Krypt, you’ll encounter two very mysterious doors — one is located in the Courtyard, between the Forge and the Shrine. The second is in Goro’s Lair, and seems to have three indentations. If you’re struggling to unlock these two doors in Mortal Kombat 11, you’re not the only one. If you don’t know what to do, it can take a very, very long time to earn the pieces you need.
Most everything for the Dragon Amulet is located in the Krypt itself, but earning the three One Being pieces requires time in the Tower of Time. You’ll need to complete three milestones to get One Being stones, and one of them requires a special finisher the game doesn’t tell you how to do — a ‘Mercy’.
Learn how to get both items and unlock all the doors required to access every important Shao Kahn chest with the complete guide below.
More Mortal Kombat 11 guides:
- Mortal Kombat 11: 11 Incredibly Useful Tips & Tricks You Need To Know | Beginner’s Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11: All Shao Khan Character Chest Locations | Krypt Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Input All Secondary Fatalities | Hidden Fatality List
How To Get The Dragon Amulet & Unlock The One Being Door
There are two locked doors you’ll encounter pretty quickly in MK11 — the Dragon Amulet door, and the One Being door.
How To Unlock The One Being Door
The One Being Door is located in Goro’s Lair, in one of the first rooms of the Great Hall. It’s to the right — there are three indentations. To open the door, you’ll need to collect three orbs by completing special challenges in Tower mode.
- Mind of the One Being: Get 10 Fatalities in the Tower
- Soul of the One Being: Get 10 Brutalities in the Tower
- Heart of the One Being: Get 10 Mercy Finishers in the Tower
The game doesn’t explain how to uses Mercy finishers. To pull one off, defeat an opponent like normal. On the ‘Finish Him / Her!’ screen, hold [L2] + down, down, down, down. Press down four times while holding [L2] then release.
On the other side of the door, you’ll find a valuable Scorpion heart chest.
How To Unlock The Dragon Amulet Door
The Dragon Amulet Door is located in the Courtyard, along the mountainside pass from the Forge leading to the Shrine. Unlocking the Dragon Amulet is a little tricky — you’ll need to reach a located called Goro’s Fortress.
To reach Goro’s Fortress, you’ll need a Skeleton Key and two other key items. The first item you’ll need is the Amulet of Earth’s Protector.
When you arrive at the Warrior Shrine, a meteorite will crash through Raiden’s statue, destroying it. Place the Amulet item on the Raiden statue to repair it and earn Raiden’s Broken Staff.
Next, travel to Goro’s Lair. Go to the Dining Hall, and unlock the skeleton key door in the back-left. Skeleton keys can be earned randomly by opening chests. Navigate the Torture Halls, and go left at the fork to reach a locked door. Use the Broken Staff to unlock the entrance to Goro’s Fortress.
From here, take the first left to find a 20,000 koin chest. Open it to acquire the Dragon Amulet. This is the key item you can use to unlock the door in the Courtyard.
The key opens a door to a strange puzzle below — there are three key items required to solve this puzzle. We’ll discuss exactly what it takes to unlock this next area in a separate guide, once we figure out exactly how this puzzle works.
More Mortal Kombat 11 guides:
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Unlock Every Area Of The Krypt | Key Items Locations Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11: Having Trouble With Combos? Change These Settings | Combo Tips [VIDEO]
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Use AI Fighters To Easily Beat Towers | Heart Farming Tips
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Get Every Costume | Skin Unlocking Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Unlock Bug-Vorah, D’Vorah’s Playable Baby | ‘Total Disrespect’ Guide
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Unlock Frost | Secret Fighter Guide