Apex Legends has already surpassed the 10 million players mark, and it’s only been out for a week. After the surprise announcement from EA and Respawn, the developers of the Titanfall series, this new Battle Royale multiplayer shooter dropped into our laps in a seemingly complete, polished state. Even more surprisingly, this isn’t a Blackout or Fortnite clone — Apex Legends brings a lot of new features and functions to the Battle Royale round table, and if you’re looking to dig deeper into this pretty awesome F2P FPS, we’ve got 20 tips and tricks covering a pretty wide range.
So, let’s break down what makes Apex Legends special for those of you not yet in the know. Like Overwatch, there are heroes you select before dropping into the massive 60 player map. Each hero has a passive, tactical, and ultimate ability — so you’re useful right from the start. The game is locked to teams of three, and features incredibly useful teamwork tools like the ping system. You can ping an item, location, or enemy with the tap of a button, making it easy to communicate without voice chat.
More Apex Legends guides on Gameranx:
- Apex Legends: 26 Useful Tips & Tricks You Might Not Know About (Yet!) | Beginner’s Guide
- Apex Legends: 10 Ways It Improves On The Battle Royale Formula
- Apex Legends: The Best Legends & Ultimate Combos | Team Synergy Guide
- Apex Legends: Best Weapon Combos We’ve Found (So Far) | Loadout Guide
- Apex Legends: Here’s How Microtransactions & Loot Boxes Work | F2P Guide
- Apex Legends: Check Out Every Special Ability | Character Classes Guide
- Apex Legends: How To Unlock Free Playstation & Origin Cosmetics
- Apex Legends: All The Legendary Hero Skins Available (So Far) | Cosmetics Gallery
And that’s just the start of the awesome features found in Apex Legends. If you’re looking for a deeper analysis, just check out the full video above and watch us blast opponents in action. It’s an awesome little game that’s well worth the investment — especially considering the game is free on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Even better, you don’t need Xbox Live or PS+ to play online. Yes, there are loot boxes — but you’ll only earn cosmetics.
The only extras you (might) consider spending cash on are the two unlockable Legends; Caustic and Mirage. You can purchase them with premium cash for $7.50 each, or earn a ton of in-game points called Legend Tokens.