Fortnite: Battle Royale is available for free on every system and platform under the sun. That can lead to some cross-platform confusion when it comes to your vast array of items and unlockables. Now, you can keep everything under one unified account with the new Account Merging System implemented by Epic Games — it’s simple, but there are a few issues you really need to know about before diving in.
- To begin the process, sign-in to the Account Merge System HERE.
Here’s the basic info. You can merge your PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch accounts — doing so will setup a Primary Account that will serve as the merged account with all your available content, while the Secondary Account is disabled. The Secondary Account login will be linked to your Primary Account. All your V-Bucks and cosmetics items will transfer.
- NOTE: There is a two-week waiting period before items / V-Bucks are transferred to the Primary Account.
This merging system is ONLY for PS4 to Nintendo Switch / Xbox One, or vice versa. You can only merge an account that was played before September 28th, 2018 — before the cross-platform play controversy and ensuing fixes were implemented.
More Fortnite guides on Gameranx:
- 30 Fortnite: Battle Royale Secrets & Settings The Game Doesn’t Tell You
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Fortnite: Battle Royale On Nintendo Switch
- Fortnite: How To Link Accounts & Enable Crossplay On PC, PS4, Xbox One & Switch
You can’t merge two accounts on the same platform, and you’ll need to have access to every e-mail address associated with both Primary and Secondary accounts. Obviously, you can’t merge any accounts that are already disabled or banned for any reason.
- Here’s What Will Get Merged:
- Battle Royale cosmetic items.
- And What WON’T Get Merged:
- Unreal Marketplace Items
- Saved Creative Islands
- Save The World account level / progress
Now that cross-play is standard on consoles, you won’t have the same issues as your older, pre-2018 Fortnite: Battle Royale accounts. You’ll be able to collect your V-Bucks from your secondary account, and enjoy all those cosmetics you’ve already earned, even on a different system. Isn’t technology just magical sometimes?