The Dawning Cheer Sleigh is a ridiculous new Sparrow every player can unlock this holiday season in Destiny 2 — and it comes with a whole bunch of nice perks you can earn, too. The Dawning is the annual December event, and it brings that Santa-infused cheer to the Tower. Like the previous Halloween event, you’ll be able to take on special new quests and activities that are limited to this event. One of those activities is baking cookies and delivering them to all the main characters.
You aren’t just doing it to spread joy — baking cookies will also help you unlock the Dawning Cheer Sparrow. Making cookies isn’t as easy as it sounds. You’ll need to mix up ingredients and test for yourself how to make every type of cookie. To make your life easier, we’ll list out all the different cookie recipes below, and explain exactly what you need to do to get the Sparrow. There are plenty of other activities you can take on in The Dawning, and it might all lead to a much better reward at the end, so don’t give up after completing this quest.
More Destiny 2: Forsaken guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Last Wish Raid Guide | How To Beat Every Boss & Puzzle Encounter
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – 8 Essential Tips To Help You Master Gambit Mode | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Find Every Exotic Weapon (So Far) | Exotics Guide
How To Unlock The Dawning Cheer Sparrow | Cookie Quest Guide
To start baking, visit Eva in the Tower. Using her oven allows you to combine ingredients you earn by completing certain types of activities (i.e. shooting stuff) — check the Bounties available to see what everyone in the Tower, and around the solar system, wants to eat for the holidays. Everyone has a different cookie request.
- NOTE: Talk to Amanda Holiday in the Tower after unlocking the Dawning Cheer Sparrow to get more bounties and complete repairs to earn all the perks.
Combining different ingredients will make cookies. The more cookies you make and deliver, the more awesome rewards you’ll unlock. You can even start to unlock Powerful Engrams, or earn Eva’s Vendor store so you can purchase more ingredients without having to earn them all directly. All that extra stuff isn’t required for the ridiculous Dawning Cheer Sparrow skin, though.
The Dawning Cheer is a sleigh skin for your Sparrow, and it includes three unique perks.
These perks are unlocked by completing bounties that become available after earning the Dawning Cheer.
- Glimmer Boost: While boosting, the Sparrow spawns a Glimmer present every few seconds. Glimmer presents burst open after a few seconds. It’s like Santa Claus, dropping presents!
- Glimmer Trick: Landing a trick will spawn 3-5 Glimmer presents. This perk only works during the Dawning event.
- Instant Summon: Reduces Sparrow spawn time.
To actually get the Dawning Cheer, you’ll need to cook up recipes and complete cookie requests. To earn ingredients, complete tasks, then combine the ingredients in the oven near Eva to create cookies. You’ll start with a few recipes — but here’s everything you need to know to cook.
To earn ‘Essence of Dawning‘, complete any activities while the Dawning event is on-going.
- Bullet Spray: Get SMG or Machine Gun kills.
- Delicious Explosion: Get explosive kills.
- Electric Taste: Get kills with Ark element weapons.
- Flash of Inspiration: Generate Orbs of Light.
- Impossible Heat: Get kills with Solar element weapons.
- Null Taste: Get kills with Void element weapons.
- Personal Touch: Get melee attack kills.
- Perfect Taste: Get headshot (precision) kills.
- Sharp Flavor: Get sword kills.
Dawning Recipes (And Deliveries):
All recipes require 15 Dawning Essence.
- Alkane Dragee Cookies (Sloane): Chitin Powder + Bullet Spray
- Candy Dead Ghosts (Spider): Dark Ether Cane + Flash of Inspiration
- Chocolate Ship Cookies (Holliday): Cabal Oil + Null Taste
- Dark Chocolate Motes (Drifter): Taken Butter + Null Flavor
- Eliksni Birdseed (Hawthorne): Ether Cane + Personal touch
- Gentleman’s Shortbread (Devrim Kay): Ether Cane + Perfect Taste
- Gjallardoodles (Zavala) Ether Cane + Delicious Explosion
- Ill-Fortune Cookies (Petra Venj): Dark Ether Cane + Impossible Heat
- Infinite Forest Cakes (Failsafe): Vex Milk + Impossible Heat
- Javelin Mooncake (Ana Bray): Chitin Powder + Sharp Flavor
- Radiolarian Pudding (Asher): Vex Milk + Electric Flavor
- Strange Cookies (Xur): Taken Butter + Electric Flavor
- Telemetry Tapioca (Banshee-44): Vex Milk + Bullet Spray
- Traveler Donut Holes (Ikora): Cabal Oil + Flash of Inspiration
- Vanilla Blades (Shaxx): Cabal Oil + Sharp Flavor
Recipes via [Gamespot]
Unlocking The Dawning Cheer Sleigh
To unlock the Dawning Cheer Sleigh, you’ll need to complete bounties. Complete the first bounty to earn the Sparrow skin, then the next bounties to unlock different perks. Use the recipe list / ingredient list or links above to find everything you need to craft up these cookies.
After completing the Dawning Cheer quest, talk to Amanda Holiday on the Tower to accept the sparrow repair bounties.
- Bounty #1: The Dawning Cheer Sparrow
- Chocolate Ship Cookies
- Eliksni Birdseed
- Vanilla Blades
- 12 cookie batches total.
- Bounty #2: The First Perk
- Donut Holes
- Alkane Dragee Cookies
- 48 cookie batches total.
- Bounty #3: The Second Perk
- Gentleman’s Shortbread
- Radiolarian Pudding
- 72 cookie batches total.
- Bounty #4: The Final Perk
- Infinite Forest Cake
- Telemetry Tapioca
- 120 cookie batches total.
More Destiny 2: Forsaken guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Activate Heroic Tangled Shore Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Activate Heroic Dreaming City Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock New Supers | Visions of Light Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Paul McCartney Returns In This Hilarious Lost Sector | Easter Egg Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – All Region Chests Locations Guide | Tangled Shore
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – All Region Chests Locations Guide | The Dreaming City
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock The Dreaming City | Awoken Talisman Quest Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Use Small Gifts & Secret Cats | Reverie Armor Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock The Malfeasance Hand Cannon | Exotic Guide