For two weeks, you can participate in the One Year Anniversary celebration in Fortnite: Battle Royale — you can earn unique skins and other cosmetics, and there’s even a bonus challenge thrown into the festivities. This isn’t limited to Battle Pass holders either — everyone, even free players, can join in on the fun and bite into 10 hidden cakes spread all over the Season 5 map.
There will be three birthday challenges to complete — you can complete matches, deal damage to opposing players, or find all the cakes. The cakes are just like the weekly collectible hunt challenges. You just need to find them and grab them, and you don’t need to do it all in the same session. Naturally, this is a whole lot easier to accomplish in a 50v50 game, if you just want to do the challenge.
Check out the video above for all the details, or scroll down for our text guide with locations for all 10 birthday cakes.
More Fortnite: Battle Royal Season 5 guides on Gameranx:
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 5 – 10 New Changes You Need To Know About
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 5 – Weekly Challenges Guide | Treasure & Collectible Locations
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 5 – Road Trip Challenges Guide | Secret Battle Star Locations
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 5 – Where To Find The ATK | Locations & Secret Features Guide
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 5 – How To Race The ATK Golf Cart | Time Trials Easter Egg
One Year Anniversary Challenge Guide | All 10 Cake Locations
Anyone can do the following challenge — you don’t need a Battle Pass to join in on the One Year Anniversary. Complete all challenges to unlock every anniversary customization option — you’ll also get a bunch of XP just for playing matches during the limited-time event. The One Year Anniversary officially starts on July 24th and ends on August 7th.
[NOTE: To “collect” a cake, you need to perform a dance emote near it. Any dance emote will work!]
- One Year Anniversary Challenge: 10 Cake Locations
- Cake #1: D3 (The western outskirts of Pleasant Park.)
- Cake #2: F3 (Near a trail, south of the clubhouse in Lazy Links.)
- Cake #3: H3 (On the hill between Risky Reels and Wailing Woods.)
- Cake #4: I5 (East of Lonely Lodge.)
- Cake #5: E5 (South of Loot Lake, by the tree near the waterfall.)
- Cake #6: H6 (Smack dab in the middle of the Retail Row parking lot.)
- Cake #7: C7 (On the road, near the northern-center edge of Greasy Grove.)
- Cake #8: I8 (Next to the road on the north exit from Paradise Palms.)
- Cake #9: G8 (On the dirt road, in the center of Fatal Fields.)
- Cake #10: D9 (Right out front, in the gated area of Flush Factory.)