Darkest Dungeon – The Crimson Court: How To Defeat All Bosses | Boss Guide
Having trouble going through The Crimson Court DLC? Check out our boss guide!
The Darkest Dungeon recently just received its first DLC known as The Crimson Court. Players are introduced to a new parallel campaign with new quests, the Flagellant class, the Courtyard location, and of course a slew of new bosses to defeat.
Currently, the DLC is only available for PC, MAC, and Linux users though a release is slated to launch for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita as well.
If you’re having trouble dealing with a boss or if you wish to have a heads up on what to expect down the road, here is a quick guide on how to deal with every boss in The Crimson Court DLC. Likewise, check out our guide on how to unlock all the achievements from the latest DLC right here.
HP: 108 | Stun Resist: 50% | Blight Resist: 80% |Bleed Resist: 50% | Debuff Resist: 75% | Move Resist: 35% |
- The Crocodilian will be located within the fourth position with the first three positions being filled with vegetation.
- It’s important to note that the Crocodilian can move from fourth to the first position
- Crocodilian can really pack a punch so prepare to use Dodge abilities and if possible, even buff your Dodge.
- Ignore the vegetation, you’ll want to deal your damage against Crocodilian and as such, you’ll want a party that can attack in all four positions.
- Attacks that deal in all four positions or Bleed damage should be the priority if you wish to complete the boss battle quickly.
- HP will be playing a big role in the fight so don’t focus on any single character but rather consider a healer than can offer heals for the entire party.
HP: 127 | Stun Resist: 55% | Blight Resist: 95% | Bleed Resist: 70% | Debuff Resist: 70% | Move Resist: 95%|
- Similar to some of the other bosses, you’ll find that the Viscount can move between positions. Because of this, you may want to have a party capable of attacking all four positions.
- Being Viscount is vulnerable to the Mercurial Slave trinket, you’ll definitely want to equip it.
- The Mercurial Slave trinket is a Crimson Court exclusive that is very rare. It has the ability to increase 25% damage to Bloodsuckers.
- If you don’t already own the trinket suggested, anything that can buff damage would be ideal. Likewise, you’ll want to focus on his weaknesses such as his lack of Bleed and Stun resistance.
HP: 400 | Stun Resist: 140% | Blight Resist: 119% | Bleed Resist: 90% | Debuff Resist: 120% | Move Resist: 220%|
- Countess may be one of the most difficult bosses to deal with in The Crimson Court DLC. Though with some strategic planning, you can get through the boss relatively easy.
- Looking at the stats, you’ll find that the Countess is certainly strong though the biggest and really only weakness is the Bleed Resist factor.
- One means to keep your party strong and avoiding the devastating attacks that the Countess can perform is by using the Bolster skill while using attacks that will make use of the Bleed resistance. Overall, the fight may last a bit longer but Bolster will certainly keep you from harm’s way.
HP: 119 | Stun Resist: 45% | Blight Resist: 80% |Bleed Resist: 45% | Debuff Resist: 35% | Move Resist: 55% |
- The Fanatic is one boss that roams around The Crimson Court and your chance to face against the enemy is increased by how many cursed heroes are in your party.
- When you finally get to face against the Fanatic, you’ll find that each turn, you’ll only have three heroes available to attack the boss. This is because the Fanatic will take one hero and place them on a pyre who can be freed, though afterward, the Fanatic will once again take a hero and replace them on the pyre.
- Ideally, like most of the bosses in the Darkest Dungeon DLC, the best way to deal with the Fanatic is with heroes that can deliver Bleed attacks.
- Some of the heroes that may prove to be worthy to have in your party include Jester, Hound, Master, Flagellant, and Hellion as they come with the added bonus of dealing attacks from different positions.
HP: 233 | Stun Resist: 87% | Blight Resist: 85% | Bleed Resist: 55% | Debuff Resist: 60% | Move Resist: 85% |
- The Baron can be tricky to deal with as this boss likes to hide away inside an egg. In fact, the only way to find out where he is located will be by hitting each position.
- Because the Baron likes to hide away, it may be worth adding an Occultist to your team as the Vulnerability Hex will allow the Baron to be removed from his egg while also lowering his defenses.
- All-in-all, you’ll want some buffs that will allow you to hit the Baron hard while also having enough blood for your cursed heroes to use.
- One means to keep you from getting too banged up is by using Bolster skills to keep the attacks more towards a minimum as you dwindle his HP.