BioWare and Lucasfilm announced yesterday new content for Star Wars: The Old Republic in the Defend the Throne update and the Stalwart Leader Cartel pack.
Defend the Throne includes a new increased difficulty level for those that are interested in a challenge. Master Mode is available for all 25 chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne updates, which makes enemies “more formidable than ever,” according to Bioware.
The update also adds a series of new multiplayer battles for those that prefer to face-off against other player characters. The descriptions of these battles are as follows:
- Trench Runner: “Capture and defend the war-torn trenches of Denova against the fanatical Republic General Amos Rike and his elite commandos.”
- Destroyer of Worlds: “Escort your team and a payload of explosives deep beneath Makeb to defeat a corrupted Jedi Master and seal away the ancient horror she’s unearthed.”
- Landing Party: “Take down a group of deserters from the Zakuulan military hiding on Rakata Prime before they can finish building a new and improved Star Fortress with which to terrorize the galaxy.”
- Divided We Fall: “Infiltrate the hideout of a rogue Coruscant Security force and foil their plot to bomb the Republic Senate and incite war by framing the Alliance.”
- Trial and Error: “Assault a hidden space station laboratory where an experimental combat adrenal based on the Rakghoul plague is being developed and stop the vile substance’s spread before it can wreak havoc across the galaxy.”
The Stalwart Leader Cartel pack adds two new sets of armor and the massive-looking E-95 Dread Behemoth tank mount.