World War Z recently just launched and if you’re a fan of zombie games then chances are this was on your radar since its announcement. The game features a cooperative third-person shooter that forces players to fight against hordes of zombies across a few different locations around the world. Essentially, the game is based around the novel more so than the film of the same name. At any rate, players who recently picked the game up might have been dealing with a few issues after development team Saber Interactive put out a new patch to fix a few things.
However, the patch actually caused a very undesirable problem. Apparently, gamers who purchased the game and download the patch found that it actually corrupted save games. As a result, developers quickly got to work and were able to deliver a new patch update that fixes this issue thus gamers won’t have to worry about any more saves being corrupted. Likewise, it offers a few more adjustments to the game.
This patch will allow more seamless connectivity for matchmaking and party system adjusts the excessive aim assist in PvPvZ along with reducing Compact Shotgun damage. You can read the official patch notes that were released on the official Focus Home Interact. It’s worth pointing out that this patch is mainly focused on the PlayStation 4 though noted in the forum post, updates for the Xbox One and PC platforms will be arriving soon.
- Fixed an issue that caused save file corruption.
- Fixed an issue with save backups restoring saves with 0 progression.
- Fixed a large number of connectivity, matchmaking and party system issues.
- Fixed a large number of gameplay crashes.
- Fixed a large number of gameplay bugs that caused inability to progress in levels.
- You will now only gain XP toward weapon upgrades if you have purchased the prior upgrade for that weapon, i.e. level two must be purchased to be able to gain XP toward level 3.
- Fixed an issue that caused excessive aim assist in PvPvZ.
- Reduced Compact Shotgun damage in PvPvZ.
- Increased cooldown of “Please Stand Up” perk to 60 seconds.
- Marking items will now display its icon for your teammates.
- Reduced AI bots effectiveness especially on easy and normal difficulties.
- Increased objective timer to save friendly NPCs to 60 seconds on easy and normal difficulties.
- Minor fixes in UI and localization.
- Fixed an issue with “Strong immunity”, “High caution” and “The most effective way” trophies, which caused the goals to fail if you have failed them once during one game session.
- Fixed an issue with the “Sport kills” trophy, which was harder than intended to get.