With Mario Kart 8 Deluxe right around the corner, players who already have Mario Kart 8 on Wii U might be asking themselves: “Why exactly should I shell out extra cash for an ‘updated’ Mario Kart on the Switch?”
Luckily, TheZeroReview have compiled a list of the complete changes coming to this newer version of Mario Kart 8, which should change your mind:
- All Characters, Tracks, and Modes from Mario Kart 8 and its 2 DLC packs will be included
- 5 New Characters: Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.
- New Battle Modes: Balloon Battle, Bob-omb Blast, Renegade Roundup, Coin Runners, and Shine Thief (similar to Mario Kart 64, and Mario Kart Double Dash)
- 2 New Battle Stages: Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium
- New Smart Steering mode for beginners
- 3 New Vehicles
- 2 New Items: Ghost and Feather
- Carry 2 Items at once (similar to Double Dash)
- Up to 8 player local multiplayer (requires multiple Switches)
- Amiibo Functionality (Unlocks Mii Costumes)
- You can now Break when Drifting
- You can now adjust controls before a race begins (rather than pausing after the race starts)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be coming to the Switch, 28 April 2017. Is this enough to make you buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Let us know in the comments.