G-Max Snorlax has crash-landed into the Wilds in Pokémon Sword & Shield. This previously unavailable Pokémon is now a common character in Max Raid Dens — but only for a limited time. Starting [12/4/19] and ending on [1/5/20], you’ll be able to find G-Max Snorlax in any Raid Den. This massive lummox is so big, there’s practically an entire planet on his belly.
It’s important to know that G-Max Snorlax is only available if you connect to the internet first. If you don’t, you’ll only encounter normal Snorlax — G-Max Snorlax is the limited character we want. It has a ridiculously cool form that only appears when you Dynamax in battle. The rest of the time, this guy is a normal sleepy Snorlax.
More Pokémon Sword & Shield guides:
How To Evolve All The New Galar Region Pokémon | Evolution Guide | What’s Exclusive To Each Version? | How To Catch Shiny Pokémon | Pick This Starter Pokémon For An Early Advantage | How To Easily Evolve Farfetch’d Into Sirfetch’d | Brilliant Aura System | How To Catch Improved Pokemon | Combo & Ultimate Moves | Move Tutor Locations | How To Catch Pokemon Easier | False Swipe & Hypnosis Guide | Easter Eggs, Secrets & References Guide
Gigantamax Snorlax is available for a limited time — the Pokémon is available during a special Max Raid Event, starting on 12/4/19 and ending 1/5/20. The special event introduces G-Max Snorlax, and he becomes a guaranteed spawn in the Wilds.
- NOTE: You must connect online using the Mystery Gift to download the data for G-Max Snorlax! If you don’t get online, you won’t find him.
- Access [Mystery Gift] and then select [Get Wild Area News] to begin the event.
Snorlax can appear in any Raid Den at 3, 4 or 5 Star level. If you get a 5 Star Snorlax and can’t win, just wait for the reset! The dens will reset periodically, so you can wait for a chance to complete an easier 3 or 4 Star raid. Snorlax is basically guaranteed to appear in one of the Raid Dens in the Wilds on each reset.
- How To Get Gigantamax Snorlax
- Between 12/4/19 and 1/5/20, G-Max Snorlax will appear in The Wilds as a Max Raid encounter. It can appear anywhere on the map.
- Check all of your Raid Dens! Look for red / purple beams of light.
- After encountered G-Max Snorlax, defeat it!
- The Raid Host has a 100% chance of capturing, so you don’t have to waste valuable Pokeballs.
G-Max Snorlax is a super-impressive new form that’s only available now. If you don’t want to miss it, you better start hunting for Max Raids ASAP.