Getting a good set of Power Armor isn’t enough in Fallout 76 — you also need to create a Station to swap out pieces of armor, register your Power Armor, and store it for later use. Power Armor is some of the best, heaviest armor in the game, and if you’re looking to use Power Armor full time you’ll want to acquire a Power Armor Crafting Station pronto. It isn’t too hard to find, but you will need to be at least Level 25.
The Power Armor Station looks like a big yellow frame. Once you place your Power Armor onto the frame, you’ll be able to modify it. You can craft new parts, swap out different armor pieces, or repair your suit when it’s taken a beating. The Power Armor Station is basically required, and the recipe is in a totally optional location. Here’s everything you need to know.
More Fallout 76 guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 76: 10 Things You Should Do First | Power Armor Location & More | Beginner’s Guide
- Fallout 76: How To Gain Levels Fast | Easy XP Farming Method
- Fallout 76: How To PVP Without Becoming Wanted | Bonus PVP Modes Guide
- Fallout 76: Power Armor Frames, Core Farming & Unique Set Locations Guide
- Fallout 76: How To Join The Enclave & Get The Laser Minigun | Faction Guide
- Fallout 76: Where To Find The ‘Rose’s Syringer’ Gun | Unique Weapon Guide
- Fallout 76: Where To Find The ‘Perfect Storm’ SMG | Unique Weapon Guide
- Fallout 76: How To Find A Hazmat Suit For Perfect Radiation Protection | Location Guide
- Fallout 76: Save Ammo With These Melee Build Tips | Best Builds Guide
- Fallout 76: Nuke Everything With The CAMP Artillery Schematic | Best Weapons Guide
- Fallout 76: How To Never Run Out Of Healing | Aid Items Tips & Tricks
How To Get The Power Armor Crafting Station | Armor Guide
The Power Armor Crafting Station can be found all over the map, including (usually) Red Rocket Stations. But, if you want to craft your very own Power Armor Station and plop it down at your C.A.M.P. you’ll need to acquire a recipe.
The Power Armor Station recipe can be found during the “Miner Miracles” quest. The quest is located in the southern region of the map, at the Garrahan Mining Headquarters. This is a Level 25 quest, so get leveled up before starting it.
Travel south to the blackened section of the map. In the bottom-right corner of the black region, there are two strange buildings on stilts. The mining headquarters is located near the left stilt building on the map.
- To begin the “Miner Miracles” quest, access the terminal deep inside the headquarters and load up the “Memo: Excavator Queries”.
- Next, go to the Projector Manager’s computer and open the “Excavator Module Blueprints” file.
Follow the quest steps, and you’ll be able to unlock the Excavator Power Armor recipe. To complete the quest, you’ll need to craft a full set of Excavator Power Armor.
The most challenging parts to acquire for the suit is Nuclear Material and Black Titanium. Nuclear Material can be acquired by breaking down items with, well, nuclear material inside. Many standard devices in this world are packed with material, and you can find more at waste dump sites or radioactive hotspots.
Black Titanium is the hardest. To earn it, you need to kill Deathclaws or Mole Miners. Mole Miners are more numerous, and a lot easier to kill. You can even find a pile of Black Titanium off the road in the northwest corner of Lewisburg. Don’t forget that you can tag recipes to reveal what items can be dismantled for the parts you need.
Once the Excavator Power Armor is crafted — which you can do at any Power Armor Station — you’ll complete the quest and earn the Power Armor Station Blueprint. Now you can build one anywhere you go, and easily manage your Power Armor.