The Enclave is back in Fallout 76, and they might be the most secretive faction in West Virginia. Joining them offers a host of evil benefits — including a quest to earn the Laser Minigun, one of the most powerful weapons in the game. If you’re ready to get your hands dirty, it’s time to uncover the hidden Enclave Vault and join their faction. Here’s what you need to do, step-by-step.
Fallout 76 is a different kind of Fallout game. There’s still a massive, post-apocalyptic world to explore, but without any of the familiar NPCs. You’ll be able to take on quests, hunt for rare loot, and gain XP by fighting the mutated denizens of West Virginia, but there isn’t exactly a story to complete. Not like the traditional campaigns of the earlier games. To balance things out, you’ll be able to join your friends and build an encampment to call your own. Just don’t let all those other dwellers murder you in the always-online world.
More Fallout 76 guides on Gameranx:
How To Join The Enclave & Get The Laser Minigun | Faction Guide
To acquire the Laser Minigun plans, you’ll need to find the Enclave Vault and join their faction. The Enclave Vault is located in the southeast area of the map. Go to the Waste Dump on the eastern-most river on your map. When you reach the dump, search for a cave. This is where you’ll need to go to begin the Enclave Faction quest.
- Before beginning the Enclave Faction quest, you’ll need Level 3 Lockpicking / Hacking skill.
When you’re ready, travel to the abandoned dump on the east side of the map (just look at the map, the large icons are all the clue you need) and find a cave guarded by Deathclaws.
- How To Join the Enclave:
- Clear the Abandoned Waste Dump cave and enter the bunker interior.
- Complete the puzzles in the locations to unlock the location of the Enclave Vault.
- Travel to the Enclave Vault and accept their faction quest. They’ll send you to a new location.
- Go to Sugar Grove and destroy the robot guardian. Collect the tape from the Sugar Grove terminal, then return to the Enclave Bunker to turn in the quest item.
Now that you’ve proven your loyalty, you’ll be able to access the Enclave Vault terminal. The Laser Minigun Plans are available for 1,000 caps.