The hulking Power Armor suits return in Fallout 76, and like Fallout 4, you’ll need to keep these special suits charged with Power Cores. Power Armor is a high-level set of gear that provides insane protection, and even changes your animations. To equip Power Armor, you’ll need a Chassis — you’ll then drop Power Armor Pieces into the Chassis, and hop into the armor suit itself (once it is powered) and you’ll be free to start blasting everything.
Power Armor is the crème-de-la-crème of armor suits. Wearing one turns you into a true tank, and you’ll (probably) want to get one as soon as possible. Power Armor is available in a variety of locations, and here I’m going to list all the spots where you can find Power Armor, where to get your first Power Armor Frame, and how to stay stocked-up for an unlimited supply of Power Cores. Never worry about running low.
There are many different types of Power Armor you can find in Fallout 76. Here, we’re also going to list where to find all the unique sets.
More Fallout 76 guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 76: 10 Things You Should Do First | Power Armor Location & More | Beginner’s Guide
- Fallout 76: How To PVP Without Becoming Wanted | Bonus PVP Modes Guide
- Fallout 76: How To Join The Enclave & Get The Laser Minigun | Faction Guide
- Fallout 76: Where To Find The ‘Rose’s Syringer’ Gun | Unique Weapon Guide
- Fallout 76: Where To Find The ‘Perfect Storm’ SMG | Unique Weapon Guide
- Fallout 76: How To Find A Hazmat Suit For Perfect Radiation Protection | Location Guide
- Fallout 76: Save Ammo With These Melee Build Tips | Best Builds Guide
- Fallout 76: Nuke Everything With The CAMP Artillery Schematic | Best Weapons Guide
- Fallout 76: How To Never Run Out Of Healing | Aid Items Tips & Tricks
Power Armor Frames, Core Farming & Unique Set Locations Guide
Before getting into the full list of Power Armor locations, here’s a few simple tips to get you started in your Power Armor hunt.
- Power Armor Frames, when left alone, can be looted by other players. If you don’t want to lose your precious armor, make sure you stash it!
- Get your first Power Armor Frame — one is located in the Morgantown Trainyard, straight east from Vault 76.
- You can also travel to Camden Park, in the southwest area of the map. You’ll always find a Power Armor Frame and a Power Core near the rollercoaster ride.
- Another set of Level 15 Raider Armor is located on the high bridge in the first region.
- For an unlimited supply of Power Cores, travel to the Dyer Chemical Plant in the southeast region called the Mire. Robobrains spawn here that will always drop half-charged Power Cores.
With that out of the way, let’s get into locations. Here’s all the spots we’ve found (so far) where you can collect Power Armor suits or schematics. For help tracking down locations, download this complete map.
- Unique Power Armor Locations Guide:
- Ultracite Armor:
- How To Unlock: Complete the Brotherhood of Steel quest “Belly of the Beast” to unlock the schematic. The schematic is locked at Level 50. Begin the Brotherhood of Steel faction story at Fort Defiance.
- X-01 (Enclave) Armor:
- How To Unlock: Join the Enclave Faction, and you’ll be able to earn / purchase the schematics for the full X-01 Suit. Travel to Whitespring Resort / Camp McClintock and complete Boot Camp.
- Excavator Armor:
- How To Unlock: Complete the quest “Miner Miracles” to unlock the Excavator Armor schematic. Begin the quest by travelling to the Garrahan Mining Headquarters and examining a poster. The HQ is in the southwest corner of the southern mining region.
- Bonus Stats: +100 to Carrying Weight
- Ultracite Armor: