One of the best weapons in Fallout 4 is back in Fallout 76. Instead of placing an Artillery Piece in your community, you can now upgrade your C.A.M.P. with a gun emplacement, then rain shells on even the toughest enemies. If you’re looking for a safe solution for dealing with Deathclaws, the Artillery Cannon is a pretty good start.
Here’s how Artillery works. You can construct the Artillery Emplacement in your C.A.M.P., and then use it while it’s placed. Like the previous artillery, there’s a certain range of use, so you’ll need to pack-up and plop-down your C.A.M.P. when you’re looking to blast some tough critter. You’ll use special Smoke Grenades to target, and then a sustained volley of shells will absolutely nuke anything caught in-range of the explosions.
More Fallout 76 guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 76: 10 Things You Should Do First | Power Armor Location & More | Beginner’s Guide
- Fallout 76: How To PVP Without Becoming Wanted | Bonus PVP Modes Guide
- Fallout 76: Power Armor Frames, Core Farming & Unique Set Locations Guide
- Fallout 76: How To Join The Enclave & Get The Laser Minigun | Faction Guide
- Fallout 76: Where To Find The ‘Rose’s Syringer’ Gun | Unique Weapon Guide
- Fallout 76: Where To Find The ‘Perfect Storm’ SMG | Unique Weapon Guide
- Fallout 76: How To Find A Hazmat Suit For Perfect Radiation Protection | Location Guide
- Fallout 76: Save Ammo With These Melee Build Tips | Best Builds Guide
- Fallout 76: How To Never Run Out Of Healing | Aid Items Tips & Tricks
Nuke Your Enemies With The CAMP Artillery Schematic | Best Weapons Guide
To get the Artillery Cannon, you’ll first need to acquire an Artillery Schematic. The schematic can be purchased from a random Vendor — try the Watoga Market Vendor in Cranberry Bog. You can buy the Artillery Schematic for 190 caps.
- NOTE: The Artillery Schematic can also be acquired for free. Follow the main story until you’re able to bypass the laser fence blocking a room in Fort Defiance. The Artillery Schematic is on the desk.
The Artillery Emplacement works just like its Fallout 4 counterpart. Once built and placed, you’ll need to connect it to power. It requires 3 power. When the Artillery is hooked up, you’ll be able to collect extra Smoke Grenades from the crate. The range has been improved, so you’ll be able to launch from far greater distances.
Toss a Smoke Grenade into an unsuspecting group of enemies, wait a few moments, and watch as shells rain down on your enemies. Almost anything will be killed, and you’re free to restock on grenades from the Artillery crate.
Just be aware that the Artillery Cannon is connected to your C.A.M.P., so it can be destroyed if you run off and another player decides to wreck everything. That’s just the breaks when it comes to Fallout 76.