The creator of Stardew Valley has announced plans to release a substantial new update for the game that will bring it up to version 1.1, which includes new late-game content, farm buildings, crops, artisan goods, and advanced farming and production mechanics.
The game’s developer ConcernedApe outlined what’s coming in 1.1:
- New farm buildings
- New crops
- New artisan goods
- New advanced farming/producing mechanics
- Shane and Emily will be marriage candidates. They will also have more events and dialogue as a result.
- More marriage content for all spouses
- More events for the non-marriage NPC’s
- Improvements/Additions to mining and combat
- Ability to move buildings and other convenience features
- More bug fixes
- More secrets
- More small, fun touches to the world
Beyond update 1.1, the biggest addition to Stardew Valley will be the inclusion of a co-op multiplayer mode, allowing gamers to do stuff together.
The new update will also pave the way for the game’s Mac and Linux ports, and console ports. It will also be localized into other languages other than English.
The game’s publisher Chucklefish will be handling porting duties as well as co-op multiplayer, allowing ConcernedApe to focus on creating content for the existing game.
The developer says that there’s no official timetable for any of the content at this time, but he just wanted fans to know what he and the game’s publisher are currently working on.