What Star Wars game from EA do you hope to be announced next? If this rumor is true, a sequel to Star Wars Republic Commando is on the way.
Called Star Wars Imperial Commando, the alleged leaker claims to be working on an ARG to tease out the game. The screenshot shared above is from said ARG, which will culminate in a three minute trailer at this year’s E3.
Here’s what else our source shared:
- Star Wars Imperial Commando is releasing November 2017, for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- It uses the Frostbite 4 engine.
- There will be COD style multiplayer but the focus is on the story campaign.
- Here’s the great part; cooperative multiplayer. The game is made to be enjoyed by four gamers playing together.
- Of course, this means each player has unique gadgets and abilities. One is assigned as the leader, and can give out orders.
- There will be an emphasis on the HUD, particularly helmet view.
- There are some vehicles, only for some parts of the game, like Halo.
- There will also be destructible environments that affect the world around it.
- The story campaign will take you to many planets and take more than 20 hours.
- There will also be a companion app, to be used like a second screen for gadgets and radar.
For this rumor, we have no secondary source to verify if it is true. However, considering the kind of details revealed, and the number of classic Star Wars game for EA to draw from, it sounds believable enough, at least for now.
Do you think the rumor is true? Would you want a Star Wars Imperial Commando? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.