Need an adrenaline boost this weekend? Humble Bundle has you sorted, Outlast along with it’s DLC, Whistleblower, is free for a limited time on the Humble Store.
The first-person psychological horror title puts players in an Asylum In the remote mountains of Colorado to uncover what dark secrets have operated in the isolated institution. I’m sure you’ve seen Youtubers constantly stream this title, it’s a must play for any horror fans or those looking to pick up a free game.
Acting on a tip from an anonymous source, independent journalist Miles Upshur breaks into the facility, and what he discovers walks a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something else entirely. Once inside, his only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.
Outlast is a true survival horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying monsters of all come from the human mind.
- True Survival Horror Experience: You are no fighter – if you want to survive the horrors of the asylum, your only chance is to run… or hide
- Immersive Graphics: AAA-quality graphics give players a detailed, terrifying world to explore
- Hide and Sneak: Stealth-based gameplay, with parkour-inspired platforming elements
- Unpredictable Enemies: Players cannot know when – and from where – one of the asylum’s terrifying inhabitants will finally catch up to them
- Real Horror: Outlast’s setting and characters are inspired by real asylums and cases of criminal insanity
Grab Outlast for free, here.