Your nickname is your identity in Halo Reach, and if you’re confused what name is actually displaying when you’re scoring headshots online, then we’re here to provide a little bit of help. It’s possible to swap your display name any time you want on PC — and if you’re one of the millions of new Steam players jumping into the Halo Reach DLC for Halo: MCC, I don’t blame you for being confused.
Halo Reach, even on Steam, requires an Xbox.com account. Instead of showing off your Steam account, Halo displays your Xbox.com display name — meaning you’ll need to make changes outside of Steam to share the name you want. The good news is that you can change your display name at any point. Here’s how to do it.
More Halo: MCC guides:
- All The Easter Eggs You’ll Want To Revisit | Halo: MCC Secrets Guide
- Players Are Unlocking Forge Mode On PC Early, Here’s How It Works
Changing your nickname in Halo: MCC is both simple — and more complicated than it needs to be. Before changing your name, you’ll need a registered account on Xbox.com.
- Sign-in to your account on Xbox.com.
- Left-click the circle avatar (top-right corner) and select ‘Xbox Profile’.
- Next to your avatar, select ‘Customize’ -> Click the pencil icon next to your display name.
- Type in the name you want to appear in Halo: MCC and click ‘Save’.
Now you can start up Halo: MCC — click the icon in the top-right corner of the main menu and select your name. Click ‘Change Account’ and you’ll automatically log out. Log back in, and you’ll see that your name has been changed.
That’s all it takes! See what I mean? It’s a little more complicated than simply changing your profile picture. But it’s totally important for your personal brand. Have a fun return to Reach, Spartan!