Call of Duty: Mobile is a pretty hefty app on iOS and Android, which means you might experience a few errors when trying to login — especially when the game is inundated with thousands and thousands of players.
The servers can barely keep up with the demands, and if you’re struggling to play, the problem might be on your end. Many players are experiencing annoying crashes, freezes, and installation errors.
If you’re running into any of these problems, there are steps you can take to fix the issue. Below, I’ll list different steps you can test to hopefully resolve annoying problems like crashes, freezes, and failed installation.
More Call of Duty: Mobile guides:
- Call of Duty: Mobile – 7 Settings You Need To Change Right Now | Tweaks Guide
- Call of Duty: Mobile – How To Level Up Faster | Best XP Farming Maps & Modes
- Call of Duty: Mobile – 7 Battle Royale Tips To Take You To The Final Circle | Beginner’s Guide
- Call of Duty: Mobile – How To Drastically Improve Battery Life | Tweaks Guide
- Call of Duty: Mobile – How To Change Your Nickname (Without Losing Progress)
How To Solve Crashes, Freezing & Installation Errors | Fixes Guide
Before attempting any of the fixes listed below, you’ll want to make sure your Phone is fully updated. Make sure to download and install any current updates on iOS or Android, and check for any updates for Call of Duty: Mobile.
- Updating Your iOS / Android Device:
- iOS: Settings -> General -> Software Update
- Android: Settings -> Select ‘System Update’ or ‘Software Update’
- Updating Call of Duty: Mobile App:
- iOS: Open App Store -> Scroll down to Update -> Find Call of Duty: Mobile on the list.
- Android: Open Play Store -> Tap Drop-Down Menu at the Top -> My Games & Apps -> Find Call of Duty: Mobile on the list.
If updating doesn’t seem to help you, here are a few other measures you can take to repair the problem.
Android: Clearing The Cache
If you have an Android phone, you might want to attempt clearing the App Cache to improve performance and fix a freezing app.
- Open Settings -> Open Apps / Apps Manager / Manage Apps / Etc.
- Tap Call of Duty: Mobile -> Go To Storage
- Select ‘Clear Cache’
Android: Freezing Screen Fix
If you’re an Android user and experiencing screen freezing issues, you can try this tricky fix. You’ll need to close the app, and rapidly turn on / off Airplane Mode and Time / Date Automatic.
- When the screen freezes, close Call of Duty: Mobile.
- Immediately swipe Airplane Mode on and then off.
- Immediately swipe Time / Date Automatic on and then off.
- Quickly select ‘Force Close’
Now restart your app. If you’re quick enough, this seems to repair freezing issues for some players.
iOS: Reinstall The App
Due to server constraints, the download might be failing for you and many other players. If the download doesn’t complete properly, you may have a failed installation. To fix this, you need to delete the app and reinstall.
- Open Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage / iPad Storage
- Find Call of Duty: Mobile on the list.
- Select ‘Delete App’
- Go to the App Store -> Search Call of Duty: Mobile -> Download
If you login with the same account you used before, you’ll keep all your progress.
That’s just a quick list of official (and fan) fixes. We’ll add more as they’re discovered, but Call of Duty: Mobile should become more stable over time.