The Ice Storm event has begun. No, this isn’t Season 8 — but it’s probably leading up to it. Earlier this week, a giant ball of ice appear in Fortnite: Battle Royale. The mystery didn’t last long, because the ball has cracked open, revealing the Ice King and covering the entire Battle Royale island in snow. Along with all the snow, there are Ice Fiends crawling all over the island. These zombies are pretty similar to the critters that appeared during the special Halloween event, and the daily challenges are already sending you out to deal with the undead menace.
The event started on Saturday, and you’ll be able to complete several new daily challenges for bonus XP. Finish six of them, and you’ll get a blue and black ice wrap customization. Finish them all and you’ll earn the Winter’s Thorn glider.
There are more secrets to find on the map now that everything is covered in ice. There are dragon eggs to discover under Polar Peak castle, and a strange bunker has been revealed where the now-destroyed Happy Hamlet iceberg was once located. Those are mysteries for another day. Let’s get into the challenges.
More Fortnite guides on Gameranx:
- 30 Fortnite: Battle Royale Secrets & Settings The Game Doesn’t Tell You
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Fortnite: Battle Royale On Nintendo Switch
- Fortnite: How To Link Accounts & Enable Crossplay On PC, PS4, Xbox One & Switch
Ice Storm Challenges
- Destroy Ice Fiends (250) – 500 XP
- Deal damage with explosive weapons to the Ice Legion (5,000) – 500 XP
- Destroy Ice Brutes (100) – 500 XP
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles or Pistols to the Ice Legion (10,000) – 500 XP
- Destroy Ranged Ice Fiends (150) – 500 XP
- Destroy Golden Ice Brutes (20) – 500 XP
- Deal damage to the Ice Legion in a single match (2,000) – 500 XP
- Destroy an Ice Shard in different matches (10) – 500 XP
- Destroy elite members of the Ice Legion (100) – 500 XP
- Deal damage with Shotguns or SMGs to the Ice Legion (10,000) – 500 XP
This challenge is fairly straightforward. Drop into the Battle Royale Solo map and wipe out Ice Fiends that spawn from Ice Shards. Ice Legion are the rampaging zombies that have appeared in the Ice Storm event. The Ice Legion is just another name for the Ice Fiends, Brutes, and more — use a variety of different weapons to destroy the Ice Legion. Ice Brutes and Elite Ice Legion will also spawn from Ice Shards.
The Gold Ice Brutes are the toughest monsters to defeat — and the rarest. Destroying 20 is the hardest challenge so far, and the only way to find them is to farm Ice Shards.