There are two exclusive Red Dead Redemption 2 weapons you can unlock in Grand Theft Auto: Online — the online, highly profitable multiplayer portion of Grand Theft Auto 5. I’m insanely hyped for RDR 2, and if you’re like me, you might just want to unlock everything possible in that game. The two weapons are; the Stone Hatchet, and the Double-Action Revolver. They’re both kind of secret, and you have to take extra steps to unlock them in RDR 2. Let’s break down everything you need to know in the guide below.
The Stone Hatchet is a melee weapon that can enable a special powered-up state called Rampage. While rampaging, you’ll take less damage and heal faster. Sounds pretty sweet — the Double-Action Revolver is exactly what it sounds like — an olde timey revolver. The “Double-Action” means that the revolver’s trigger both cocks and releases the hammer. Basically, it’s better than your standard wild west revolver because you only need to pull the trigger to shoot. That’s your daily dose of boring gun history.
More GTA:O guides on Gameranx:
How To Get Red Dead Redemption 2 Weapons | Stone Hatchet & Revolver Guide
[NOTE: By unlocking these weapons in GTA:O, you’ll also unlock them in RDR 2.]
Both the Stone Hatchet and Double-Action Revolver can be unlocked in RDR 2. The Stone Hatchet comes with the “Rampage” ability. There’s a shoot countdown between ability activations. Ramage makes you tougher, and heal faster.
To unlock the exclusive weapons in RDR 2, you’ll need to link to your Rockstar Social Club account when the game releases later this year. Here’s how to get both weapons in GTA:O.
- How To Get The Double-Action Revolver:
- This revolver is a free update, and first appeared after the Doomsday Heist expansion.
- Log-in and read the text advertising a treasure hunt. The text includes a picture of a location somewhere in Los Santos — the location will appear as a circle on your map, so you can start searching.
- Go during the day, and look for a piece of paper in the area matching the picture on your phone. After finding the first clue, the Treasure Hunt will begin proper. There are three more clues to locate.
- Go to all three “?” clue circles and find the next three parts. After finding them all, you’ll get the Gold Double-Action Revolver.
- Get 50 Headshots in GTA:O to unlock money ($250,000) and exclusive access to the Gold Double-Action Revolver in RDR 2.
- How To Get The Stone Hatchet:
- Download and install the After Hours update — the Stone Hatchet was included in this update.
- Log-in and read the text from Maude — she’ll send you five random bounty target locations. Take down all five dead or alive. They’re found in the highlighted circle.
- After completing the quest, Maude will text you the Stone Hatchet’s chest location.
- The Stone Hatchet is always located in an old bus, inside a lock box.
- Get 25 kills with the Stone Hatchet to unlock GTA:O money ($250,000) and exclusive access to the Stone Hatchet weapon in RDR 2.