Ark: Survival Evolved, developed by Studio Wildcard, is an action-adventure survival video game. Players are tossed into an island that is filled with all sorts of hazards such as other human players to free roaming dinosaurs.
The overall goal is simple, yet a difficult one within this game world, as players are tasked with surviving in the hostile environment while completing challenges and taming the free roaming beasts. During the journey, players will scavenge resources, craft weapons, fight off the various hazards and build a base. Recently, the video game received its latest DLC known as Aberration.
Within Aberration players will find themselves on a damaged ARK which results in a slew of new hazards, environments, and of course, creatures to tame. Likewise, developers have introduced new items to craft along with challenges to master.
In this particular guide, we’re going to showcase just how to locate and tame a Rock Drake. Furthermore, we’ve included some noteworthy info for the creature down below.
Find More Ark Survival: Evolved Aberration Featured On Gameranx Guides Below.
- Ark Survival Aberration – How To Tame Roll Rat
- Ark Survival Aberration – How To Tame Karkinos
- Ark Survival Aberration – How To Tame Lamprey
- Ark Survival Aberration – How To Tame Ravenger
- Ark Survival Aberration – How To Tame Reaper
- Ark Survival Aberration – How To Tame Basilisk
- Ark Survival Aberration – How To Tame Featherlight
- Ark Survival Aberration – How To Tame Glowbug
- Ark Survival Aberration – How To Tame Glowtail
- Ark Survival Aberration – How To Tame Bulbdog
- Name: Rock Drake
- Species: Draconis Obscurum
- Diet: Carnivore
- Temperament: Aggressive
- Raw Meat
- Raw Prime Meat
- 24+ Air Conditioners
The Rock Drake are found normally in radioactive areas and they tend to be part of large groups, so it shouldn’t be difficult to track down.
How To Tame
Taming the Rock Drake is difficult. You’re looking at an aggressive creature that will attack upon sight. Likewise, you won’t be able to escape easily due to the large group of creatures and its ability to pursue players up walls and into the air.
Likewise, players are unable to tame adult Rock Drakes. The only means of taming a creature is to find a Rock Drake Egg and hatch it. You will typically find these eggs within the Cave of the Lost. Furthermore, once you have the egg, you will be required to keep it cold in order to successfully hatch it. As a result, gamers will likely need over twenty air conditioners. After hatched, the baby Rock Drake will require Nameless Venom for food.
- Note: Rock Drakes will pursue players if they notice their egg has been stolen.