Cheat codes are coming back en vogue, and Friday the 13th: The Game uses their power for an insanely awesome reveal — namely, Jason X is “Coming Soon” — and it’s all thanks to the Konami Code.
The secrets of the crazy “Virtual Cabin 2.0” mode go deep. Since the December update, fans have poured over every inch of the Virtual Cabin, solving puzzles and picking apart every detail of the Developer Museum. It might look like an interesting place to explore, but after some repetition and a few loops through the system, experiencing different “endings” — you’ll hit a dead end that can only be solved with the Konami Code.
Not only is the Konami Code an Easter egg, it’s also required to dig deeper and reveal another Easter egg. That’s a lot of cheating effort, and unfortunately the code won’t give you infinite lives in online multiplayer. The Konami Code is reserved for the Offline “Virtual Cabin 2.0” mode only, and even then the functionality is — well, strange to say the least. Let’s dig into what’s going on with the Konami Code and the Virtual Cabin in the guide below.
More Friday the 13th: The Game guides on Gameranx:
- Friday the 13th: The Game – How to Kill Jason
- Friday the 13th: The Game – Achievements Guide
- Friday the 13th: The Game – Camp Counselor Perks
- Friday the 13th: The Game – How to Play as Jason
- Friday the 13th: The Game – How to Play as the Counselors
Use the Konami Code To Unlock “Cheats” | Easter Egg Guide
To unlock “Cheats” and use the Konami Code, you’ll need to enter the Virtual Cabin 2.0 experience in the Offline Mode menu option.
- Requirement: Before you can begin “cheating” you’ll need to complete two loops in the Virtual Cabin 2.0 simulator. That means you need to unlock two endings — learn how to solve every puzzle with our complete Friday the 13th: The Game – Virtual Cabin 2.0 Walkthrough here.
When you’ve finished the second loop, you can input the Konami Code.
How to Input the Konami Code:
Depending on your controller (or keyboard), you’ll have to input the Konami Code in a slightly different way. On keyboard, WASD will stand-in for up/down/left/right. The letters will work, or you can press Left-Click / Right-Click for A / B.
- PC: W, W, S, S, A, D, A, D, Left-Click, Right-Click
- Xbox One: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A
- PS4: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Circle, Cross
After inputting the code, you’ll open a Debug Menu that you can use to do a few things — show FPS, show collision, or turn off level collision. You can also reset the level — but the most interesting this is the ability to “noclip” and turn off level collision.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t really work as advertised. There’s only one room you can walk through and reach using noclip, but it all leads to the secret space station (follow the glitching patches!) and the Jason X reveal. Check out the gallery above to see what this cool little secret has to offer.