Red Bricks are no more — in The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game, you’ll find Ancient Scrolls instead. These function almost exactly like Red Bricks. They serve as kind of an unlockable cheat code you can toggle whenever you want. Ancient Scrolls give you powerful new abilities, infinite hearts, x2 studs earned, and other useful bonuses you’ll probably want to grab while exploring all the overworld areas in Free Play.
There’s another handy bonus when it comes to Ancient Scrolls — you don’t have to spend studs to unlock them anymore! After finding an Ancient Scroll, the effect is automatically unlocked in your character selection wheel. Just choose the Ancient Scrolls option in the bottom half of the circle to toggle these fun effects on or off. The most useful is the very first scroll; it’s a collectible detector, pointing out any and all nearby collectibles with color-coded waypoints. Perfect for LEGO perfectionists.
More LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game guides on Gameranx:
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game Walkthrough | Prologue: The Master’s Dojo
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game Walkthrough | Level 1: Ninjago City North
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game Walkthrough | Level 2: Ninjago City Beach
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game Walkthrough | Level 3: Ninjago City Docks
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game Walkthrough | Level 4: Uncrossable Jungle
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game Walkthrough | Level 5: Dark Ravine
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game Walkthrough | Level 6: Lost City of Generals
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game Walkthrough | Level 7: Unclimbable Mountain
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game Walkthrough | Level 8: The Battlefield
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game Walkthrough | Level 9: Ninjago City Downtown
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game: The Complete Cheat Codes List
All 10 Ancient Scrolls Locations | Cheats Guide
Ancient Scrolls are special powers you can unlock — there’s one in each major hub area! The collectibles look like big, red, fancy chests. When you collect them, the special “cheat” powers will automatically unlock. Hold town [Y / Triangle] to find the Ancient Scrolls menu on your quick-select menu.
In the Ancient Scrolls menu, you can see which Ancient Scrolls you have unlocked and you can toggle their effects.
- Ancient Scroll #1: Ninjago City North (Collectable Detector) – After the red LEGO bridge to your Ninja Mechs is totally destroyed, you’ll have to take a detour. After climbing the destroyed building, you’ll reach a long slide down the rubble. At the bottom, you’ll find an Ancient Scroll. This one can’t be missed.
- Ancient Scroll #2: Ninjago City Beach (Master of Summoning) – In the Beach zone, go to the main city streets and locate the open shop with the red / yellow awning behind the Ice Cream Truck at the street corner. Enter through the opening and wall-run up the yellow surfaces. In the upper area, look for a narrow ledge your minifigs can shimmy across — shimmy right to the exterior with the hand-holds. Hop up and swing on the poles to reach the ancient scroll.
- Ancient Scroll #3: Ninjago City Docks (Master of Speed) – Reach the rooftops on the curved streets leading to the docks. Cross the rooftops to reach the billboard with the bright purple outline, then step on the trampoline to launch to a laser grid. Use a Dual Swords switch to remove the red laser.
- Ancient Scroll #4: The Uncrossable Jungle (Master of Time) – You can get this Ancient Scroll after leaving the large jungle with the gold brick door. There’s a hanging log above a passage of quicksand with this scroll. To collect it, get through the quicksand, then climb the vertical wall run opposite the destroyed bridge. At the top, grapple swing onto the log and run to the far end.
- Ancient Scroll #5: The Dark Ravine – In the spooky area with the vines rising up from the green bottomless pit, look for a bright green Super Build spot. Use Lloyd to create a bridge across to the cracked LEGO wall. The ancient scroll is behind the cracked wall.
- Ancient Scroll #6: Lost City of Generals – Right next to the exit portal by the flying machine Lloyd builds at the end of the story level, destroy the golden chest with Kai’s fire element and build the bricks. Use the cannon, launching a ball into the volcano and causing an ancient scroll to pop out of the lava.
- Ancient Scroll #7: The Unclimbable Mountain (Master of Destruction) – From the start of the Unclimbable Mountain area, near the two green exit portals at the base of the stairs to the temple, back track across the bridges to the ravine with wall-run surfaces. Find the hand-holds to the right. Go up and around the cliffs to reach the ledge.
- Ancient Scroll #8: Ninjago City Downtown (Master of Fortune) – Downtown, travel to the highway where you save the fire fighters. Run on the wall-run surfaces between the skyscrapers, eventually leading to a small ledge. Climb to the top of the wall, then look left to find a pair of pipes. Slides under the pipes to locate the ancient scroll.
- Ancient Scroll #9: Ninjago City Downtown (Master of Endurance) – The final Ninjanuity Token is awarded after saving the fire men. When you spend them all and unlock every extra ability, you’ll earn this Ancient Scroll for free.
- Ancient Scroll #10: The Master’s Dojo (Master of Dragon) – Complete all the dojos from the overworld map to earn the last scroll.
The last two Ancient Scrolls are earned instead of found. You’ll have to complete all the Dojo areas from the map screen to unlock one, and the other is naturally unlocked as you complete the campaign. After unlocking all the Tokens and unlocking all of your extra powers, you’ll get a scroll.