Table of Contents – Hateno Shrines
Mezza Lo Shrine – Ancient Trifecta
Found on a hill with a Ruto musician. You’ll need to complete a Shrine Quest, given by the Ruto, to access this shrine. Find it on Rabia Plain.
- To complete the “The Crowned Beast” Shrine Quest, mount and ride a large male deer (with long antlers!) to the glowing platform.
This trial consists of one switch, and a revolving platform. Hit the switch to turn the platform clockwise — the goal is to open the door to the shrine, then reach the shrine.
- Optional Chest: This one is easy. Turn the platform so it’s at 3 o’clock, then throw a bomb while standing on the platform — or shoot it with an arrow. The platform will revolve to 6 o’clock.
To finish the trial, follow these exact steps.
- Hit the switch so the platform is at the 3 o’clock position (where you can board).
- Place a square bomb at the switch.
- Use Magnesis to grab the metal block. Moving it will allow the laser to hit the switch.
- Carefully step back onto the platform, keeping the metal block stopping the laser. When you’re on the platform, allow the laser to hit the switch.
- The platform should switch to 6 o’clock. Place the metal block on the button at the 9 o’clock position to open the altar gate.
- Shoot the switch with a bow to move to the 9 o’clock position.
- Remotely detonate the bomb you planted to reach the 12 o’clock position.
You can now reach the altar and complete this tricky trial.