Unlock the trophies and achievements of Gorod Krovi with our massive Black Ops 3 Zombies guide, showing you how to ride dragons, unlock magic shields, grab an arsenal of super weapons, and much more.
The ruins of Stalingrad hide many secrets. There’s a massive Easter egg to uncover, of course, but there are smaller secrets that are worth checking out. Using a derelict giant robot’s beam on twenty zombies, or leading the undead hordes into a dragon’s waiting firebreath are all fun little treats. Then there are the weapons — craftable or unlockable, and the insane Pack-A-Punch machine quest.
Yes, you will get to ride a dragon, and it isn’t even the end of this particular Easter egg. If anything, riding a dragon (with accompanying cutscene) is only the beginning of Gorod Krovi. See what it takes to unlock every trophy and achievement with the tips and tricks in each challenge-specific guide right here.
There’s one Easter egg you won’t find here; that secret song. Listen to ‘Dead Ended’ and learn how to hear the song for yourself on the full Gorod Krovi Secret Song Easter Egg Guide.
100% Achievements / Trophies Guide
[UPDATED 7/15: Added ‘Love and War’ & ‘Viktorious Revenge’.]
Gorod Krovi is full of secrets, and most of those secrets have an associated achievement / trophy. Explore everything Descent’s Zombie map has to offer as we provide detailed instructions, tips, and guides to help you unlock every achievement / trophy for Black Ops 3 DLC 3.
“In Gorod Krovi, ride a dragon.”
To ride a dragon, start by activating the Power Switch located in Dragon Command. Flip the switch, and zombies will begin dropping Code Cylinders. There are three locations where Code Cylinders drop from killed zombies:
- Dragon Command Code Cylinder
- Supply Depot Code Cylinder
- Tank Factory Code Cylinder
There is a special glow-bluing terminal called a ‘Groph Module’ in each of these locations. Insert the corresponding Code Cylinder into each of the three Groph Module terminals.
Activating a Groph Module summons a pod somewhere on the map. Look to the sky for a green laser beam marker and rush toward it. Defend the pod and kill zombies near it to charge the pod — eventually the pod will open. Collect the Dragon Network pieces from all three pods.
Insert all three Dragon Network pieces into the Operations Bunker machine in the center of the map. Then the three Dragon Network terminal near the Groph Module in Dragon Command. It is always near a ‘U’-shaped catwalk.
Using the Dragon Network terminal summons a dragon to the ‘U’-shaped catwalk. Interact with the dragon’s neck from the catwalk, and you’ll go for a ride.
Get even more details right here: Black Ops 3: Gorod Krovi – How to Ride A Dragon| Zombies Guide
“In Gorod Krovi, kill 10 zombies at once with the Guard of Fafnir Shield.”
To kill zombies with the Guard of Fafnir, you’ll need to build it first. Collect three parts and then use the workbench located in the Operations Bunker. Here are the three shield part locations:
- Shield Part #1: Armory – Located above the Operations Bunker, the Armory hides one Shield part in the first or second floor. Often you’ll find it in the second floor room that leads to the Infirmary.
- Shield Part #2: Infirmary – Can be reached through the Armory or the Dragon Command building street. Go to the Infirmary (follow the map above) and look in the first floor area with the dirt and debris. It is located here, on a wooden wall. This is the area that can be reached from the stairs up from the Operations Bunker. The upper floor of the Infirmary may also contain a shield part.
- Shield Part #3: Operations Bunker – Look on the shelves or the walls of the basement laboratory to find the final piece. It should be glowing a faint orange. Often it will be located on the shelves on the opposite wall from the work bench.
Then all you need is a swarm of zombies. The Guard of Fafnir protects against front-facing damage, so wait until a large group of zombies are in your face before unleashing a deadly blast of green fire.
Get even more details right here: Black Ops 3: Gorod Krovi – How to Get the Guard of Fafnir Shield
Wield A Fist of Iron:
“In Gorod Krovi, wield the Gauntlet of Siegfried.”
Earning the Gauntlet of Siegfried won’t be easy. Thankfully, it is one of the coolest Specialist Weapons in the game, and a fun addition to Zombies that unlocks plenty of new options for players eager to stay alive even long. The Gauntlet of Siegfried is a mini-dragon that spews fire while perched on your wrist, or flies circles in the air, giving you a bonus super-melee attack.
To get it, you’ll need to bring an explosive weapon to the Pack-A-Punch building and acquire the Dragon Strike Controller. Riding a Dragon to the Pack-A-Punch machine is described in the ‘Taking Flight’ trophy / achievement section.
Get the Dragon Strike Controller by interacting with the blue glowing device in an upper floor office of the Pack-A-Punch building. Fend off the Lockdown event horde, then collect your Controller.
Next, use a Ray Gun or other explosive weapon on the green Dragon Egg located above the metal chute to the sewers in the Pack-A-Punch building. Shooting it will cause it to roll down where you can collect it.
Take the Dragon Egg to the Dragon Command area and place it on a nest where the wooden sign / tank wreckage are located at the base of the steps from the large building. Call in a Dragon Strike with the Controller on the egg to warm it, then recollect it after a turn or two once it cools off.
Then return to the challenge boards in the spawn area. Look at the lower-left challenge marker — that’s the ‘Incubate a Dragon Egg’ marker — complete three random challenges that have replaced the ‘Dragon Egg’ marker. They can be anything, from killing burning zombies to earning penetration kills or melee kills.
Complete all three, then place the egg in the only working incubator located in the basement of the Pack-A-Punch building. Kill the incoming Lockdown wave to charge the incubator (just like the Groph Module pods) — once it is incubated, wait a turn or two, grab the egg, and return it to the spawn area ‘Incubate a Dragon Egg’ challenge board marker.
Interact with the marker now that a prompt is displayed to get the Gauntlet of Siegfried for all your hard work.
Get even more details right here: Black Ops 3: Gorod Krovi – How to Wield the Gauntlet of Siegfried
“In Gorod Krovi, use the Gigant Beam to kill 20 Zombies.”
To activate the Gigant Beam, open the door to the Power switch to activate traps and other devices across the map. Reach the Power switch by opening the doors from the spawn to the Department Store. Open the second floor Department Store door to the Operations Bunker, then unlock the path to the Dragon Command building.
The Power switch is found in the Dragon Command building. Flip the switch and you’ll power-up everything on the map. Traps, certain doors, and other functions will become available to you.
One of those is the ‘Gigant Light Beam’ Trap. One of these traps is located right next to the Groph Module terminal in the Supply Depot. Look for wall-mounted red boxes with a green light (indicating they’re ready to activate) to spot traps.
The Gigant Light Beam Trap costs 1500 points per use. The beam fires at the ground directly behind the trap terminal, right at the base of the fallen bridge / second floor walkway. It lasts for quite awhile, letting you lead more zombies into the beam after it is activated.
Lead a total of 20 zombies into the deadly beam trap to earn a trophy / achievement.
Not One Inch:
“In Gorod Krovi, complete a Lockdown Event.”
To activate a Lockdown Event, you’ll first need to ride a dragon to the Pack-A-Punch machine. Check out the “Taking Flight” trophy / achievement to learn how that tricky challenge is done.
Once you arrive in the Pack-A-Punch building, go upstairs to the office with the strange crystal device. Hold down the [Interact] button to “Release Crystal” — this Crystal is the Dragon Strike Controller. Releasing the device initiate a Lockdown Event and completing it rewards you with the Dragon Strike Controller. You’ll need it to complete a “Fire Mission” trophy / achievement, too!
A Lockdown Event summons a horde of Zombies, boss-types, and drones to the building. These are long events that can last 5+ minutes, so bring full ammo and upgrade all your weapons at the Pack-A-Punch if you want to survive. If you’re on the top floor, you can also spend points to use the mounted MG-42 in the window to pick-off zombies before they reach your building. Bring a Quick Revive from the vending machine at the spawn area too.
Once the Lockdown Event is over, you’ll earn the trophy / achievement and the Crystal will be released. Go grab the Dragon Strike Controller.
“In Gorod Krovi, kill 8 zombies with a single Dragon Strike.”
Check out the “Not One Inch” section to learn how to get the Dragon Strike Controller. Here are the basics:
- Reach the Pack-A-Punch building by riding a dragon. (Details in the “Taking Flight” entry.)
- Go to the upper-floor office and “Release Crystal” to initiate a Lockdown Event.
- Survive and return to the now-open device to collect the Dragon Strike Controller.
The Dragon Strike Controller allows you to call down a dragon fireball from the sky. Activating it reveals a holographic projection that shows exactly where the dragon strike will land, and how much area the effect of the blast will cover.
This only works outside — the dragon can’t shoot fireballs through the roof. Gather up a large group of zombies and place the dragon strike symbol. It will actually attract the zombies to its location, making this trophy / achievement pretty easy to earn once you’ve done all the leg-work to grab this awesome aerial weapon.
“In Gorod Krovi, complete Time Attack [Round 20].”
To earn this achievement / trophy, you must reach Round 21 in 32 minutes or less. That’s a tight time-limit, so your main focus should always be killing zombies. Don’t hunt for Easter eggs, and don’t bother going for the Pack-A-Punch machine.
- Required Perks: Double Tap, Quick Revive (Solo)
Play in LOCAL MODE to make this much easier when solo. All attachments are automatically unlocked for all wall-mounted weapon purchases.
Don’t use the random weapon box. It spawns in different areas of the map, and refilling ammo for its weapons is unreliable. Use only wall-mounted weapons for quick ammo refills. Tracking it down will waste too much time.
Basically, you’ll want to follow these steps to quickly wipe out zombie waves, keep plenty of ammo, and avoid death for 20 rounds.
- Go to the third floor of the Department Store. Open the bridge path to the Armory.
- Purchase the Kuda (3rd Floor Department Store) and the Argus (2nd Floor Infirmary)
- Turn on the power in the Dragon Command area.
- Get the Double Tap perk from the Tank Factory entrance through the Infirmary.
- Reach the upper Armory bridge that connects to the Infirmary.
- Camp at the Armory door to the Infirmary. Do not open it! Zombies will spawn in one direction and won’t appear behind/beside you.
- Use the bridge trap to clear zombies if you’re outnumbered.
While you’re moving around the map, don’t be afraid to grab gobblegums or other perks if you have points to spare. The goal is just to clear zombie waves as quickly as possible, and as safely as possible. Don’t let yourself get surrounded, and don’t lead zombies around while hunting for perks or Easter egg solutions. That’s for later — right now is all about smashing undead skulls.
“In Gorod Krovi, complete all solo trials in one Zombies session.”
While exploring the spawn area, you’ll probably notice a small graveyard with four stones. Each stone features four challenge markers — these are your trials. We can ignore the bottom trial challenging you to get a Dragon Egg, it isn’t required. You only need to complete the three solo trials.
These three trials are randomly generated and come in three tiers; bronze, silver, and gold. Generally, bronze are the easiest trials while gold are the toughest. This isn’t always the case, and if you get lucky you’ll find three trials that are a cinch to complete naturally without any extra effort on your part.
If you’re unlucky, it can be a complete drag. When going for this trophy / achievement, always check the trials and immediately restart if you get something awful.
- Take Damage from Dragon Fire and Survive
- Ride the Dragon from Every Platform
- Headshot 10 Napalm Zombies
- Shoot Helmets Off Mangler Soldiers
- Shoot Arms Off Mangler Soldiers
- Recover 3 Supply Drops in Green Condition
- Absorb Dragon Fire with the Guard of Fafnir
- Get Kills with the Guard of Fafnir
- Get Kills with the Gigant Beam Trap
- Headshot Electrified Zombies
- Get 10 Kills with the Flinger Trap Within 3 Seconds of Sliding
- Get 8 Kills Simultaneously with the Elevator Trap
- Get 3 Kills With Each Flinger Trap
- Shoot All Arms Off 6 Valkyrie Drones
- Shoot Cameras Off 6 Valkyrie Drones
- Survive 4 Rounds in a Row in the Hatchery
- Get 100 Dragon Strike Kills
- Get 100 Kills with the MG42
You’ll have to complete one of each of these trials, randomly picked at the start of each session. Return to the Challenge Board and accept your rewards for all three once they’re complete to earn the trophy / achievement.
“In Gorod Krovi, launch 10 zombies into the air at the same time.”
To launch zombies, you’ll need to gather a group of the undead and lead them onto the Flinger Trap located at the front entrance to Dragon Command. See that big metal grate at the top of the steps? That’s where you’ll want to attract zombies.
- Turn On the Power in Dragon Command
- Use the “Flinger” Trap at the Dragon Command Entrance
- Send 10 Zombies Flying at the Same Time
There are three ways to attract zombies; use the Ray Gun, the Cymbal Monkey, or the Dragon Strike. Ray Guns can freeze zombies in place with alt-fire, and Cymbal Monkeys lure zombies to their location with noise. The Dragon Strike works just like the monkey, calling any zombies to its location.
The problem? The Ray Gun and Cymbal Monkey are extremely rare, especially the Cymbal Monkey. Your best bet is to unlock the Dragon Strike Controller. Check out “Not One Inch” to learn how to acquire the Dragon Strike Controller.
You can also fling zombies with the drawbridge trap on the upper floor where the Infirmary and Armory are connected. The timing on the trap is tricky, so we recommend the Dragon Command flinger.
Love And War
“In Gorod Krovi, the one must be freed.”
The main Easter egg of Gorod Krovi is big, complicated, and crazy difficult. To keep things simple, here’s a basic list of activities you’ll need to accomplish to earn ‘Love an War’:
- Turn on the Power
- Build the Guardian of Fafnir Shield
- Insert 3 Code Cylinders into Groph Module Terminals
- Defend the Groph Modules and Obtain Dragon Network Parts
- Insert 3 parts into the Dragon Network Console
- Ride a Dragon to the Pack-A-Punch Bunker
- Get the Dragon Egg from the PaP Bunker
- Get the Dragon Strike Controller from the PaP Bunker
- Initiate the Generator in the PaP Bunker to Escape
- Place the Dragon Egg in the Nest and Use Dragon Strike
- Complete ‘Incubate Egg’ Challenge Board Trials
- Return the Egg to the PaP Bunker Incubator
- Power the Generator & Turn the Dragon Egg In at the Challenge Board
- Return to the PaP Bunker, Start the Generator & Begin the Valve Chambers Puzzle
- Complete the Valve Chambers Puzzle to Get the Master Code Cylinder
- Collect All 6 Trophies Hidden Throughout the Map
- Insert the Master Code Cylinder Into S.O.P.H.I.A.
- Complete All 6 S.O.P.H.I.A. Trials
- Collect the Power Core from S.O.P.H.I.A.
- Deliver the Power Core to Nikolai 1.0 at the Spawn Area
- Return to S.O.P.H.I.A. and Enter the Red Star Sewer
- Defeat the Mother Dragon
- Defeat Nikolai 1.0
That basic list barely scratches the surface of ‘Love and War’ — to get a full explanation with tips and tricks, check out our complete Easter egg walkthrough right here: