The Outer Worlds: Peril On Gorgon DLC adds several new unique Science Weapons for Spacers to play around with, and if you’re aiming to unlock these weapons ASAP, we’ve got all the info you need to make those dreams a reality.
The Science Weapons this time around are impressively powerful — and useful. The P.E.T. is a pest control wand with an awesome start-up animation that’s perfect for drawing enemies in close for the kill.
My personal favorite is the Special Delivery, a weapon wielded by a deranged marauder who’s modified it for his own dark purposes. The Special Delivery is a rocket launcher that allows you to charge up to 6 rockets and release them in a cluster. The rockets have homing properties, and with a few upgrades, this weapon is overwhelmingly powerful.
Learn how to unlock the Science Weapons in the full guide below.
More The Outer Worlds guides:
20 Tips, Tricks & Secrets I Wish I Knew | Beginner’s Guide | How To Recruit Every Companion | All Party Members Guide | How To Find All 5 Science Weapons | ‘Weapons From The Void’ Locations Guide | Where To Find All Unique Weapons | Gun Locations Guide | 10 Tips To Help You Survive Supernova | Hardest Difficulty Guide | How To Unlock Every Ending | Good, Bad & Worst Endings Guide
How To Get The Special Delivery | Rocket Launcher Science Weapon
The Special Delivery can be found on the unique enemy ‘Charles From Accounting‘ in the Marauder Stronghold on Gorgon. The stronghold is located southwest of the OCI building in the large garbage dump — it’s in the southeast corner of the map. Defeat Charles to claim this powerful weapon for yourself.
The Special Delivery is a Heavy Weapon launcher that fires homing rockets. The rocket launcher can be loaded with up to 6 rockets and fired simultaneously. Each rocket costs 5 Heavy Ammo per shot. With the right upgrades, this weapon is extremely powerful.
How To Get The P.E.T. | Energy Glaive Science Weapon
Getting the P.E.T. is a lot trickier. To begin the ‘Dialog Between Dead Men‘ quest, you’ll need to find the Secret Hideout location. The Secret Hideout is in the cave near the bridge leading to the Upper Office of Creative Incubation entrance.
For this quest, you need to locate four comic books and then answer a quiz at the machine. Don’t worry, you don’t actually need to read the comics. We’ll provide the quiz answers below.
- Comic #1: Found near the OCI Building. From the Executive Suites, follow the cave path (filled with mines) up until you find Maurice’s Research Site. It’s on the crate to the right of the table.
- Comic #2: Find in the mines in the northeast edge of the Gorgon map. Enter the mines and go left, then look on the table in the small outpost.
- Comic #3: Found behind the HIA Facility. You don’t need the key to unlock it! Just follow the cave path behind the facility entrance. At the rear door, go right and look inside the small building. There’s a comic on the black art desk.
- Comic #4: Found in the far south edge of the map. Take the elevator down into the chemical waste run-off ravine and reach the CHEM Lab Lower Exterior. Cross the bridge and enter the dead-end canyon to find the final comic location.
Return to the Secret Hideout door south of the Upper Office Of Creative Incubation and use the door terminal. You’ll need to successfully answer a series of questions. There’s a clue if you look carefully that makes picking the right answer a lot easier.
- Question #1 Answer: Sissak Sassadrass, Spindle Knight of Olympus!
- Question #2 Answer: The skull of King Alpha’s own mother!
- Question #3 Answer: Tricking Archibald with his dastardly Mind Control Ray!
- Question #4 Answer: With a bolt of lightning from above!
Notice how tell which answer is correct? The correct answer always ends with an exclamation point!
Inside you’ll find the P.E.T. Science Weapon. The P.E.T. is a plasma-based 2-Handed Melee weapon that causes bleed, and draws enemies closer when prepping a power attack or a sweep attack.
[Work-in-Progress: We’ll add more Science Weapon locations as they’re discovered!]