Myst Sequel ‘Riven’ Finally Brings its Surrealist Magic To Android
Abstract puzzle game fans, get ready.
Following the release of realMyst earlier this year, Cyan Inc. has officially launched the hotly-anticipated sequel Riven for Android devices. Riven originally released in 1997 (Mac) and was ported to a range of other platforms including PlayStation, and more recently, iOS. Today Cyan Inc’s collaboration with Noodlecake Studios is picking up where Myst left off with meticulously remastered graphics and audio, and a mystery accessible with just a swipe of your fingers.
Riven comes with the following features:
- All of the original Ages and gameplay
- Bluetooth controller support for Android phones, tablets, and NVIDIA Shield
- Award-winning Riven score by Robyn Miller
- Full screen movies and animations, full music and sound effects
- Auto-save and multitasking, bookmark system to save and restore progress
- Advanced navigation – swipe to turn, zoom in anywhere for more detail
- Google Play Games achievements
- Hot Spot hints, Integrated Hint Guide
Cyan CEO Rand Miller is excited that Myst, a game once confined to the personal computing realm, is now branching out into the world of hand held:
“I’m truly amazed that we can transport explorers from the personal comfort of their phones or tablets to the intricate worlds we first created decades ago…Even while our work is being placed in museums and nominated for the Video Game Hall of Fame, its wonderful that a new generation of gamers is able to experience and appreciate the work that went into Myst and Riven.”
Riven is out now via Google Play for $6.99 USD.