Kingdom Come: Deliverance – Use This Mod On PC To Save Manually [PSA]
The save system in Kingdom Come: Deliverance can be punishing. If you’re looking to save wherever, whenever you want, give this easy-to-install mod a try.
The limited save system in Kingdom Come: Deliverance is already its most controversial feature.
Some fans love it for lending the game a sense of authenticity and challenge most games don’t even bother aimed for. Others just hate backtracking huge distances after a death and replaying vast swathes of quests in desperate hope to reach another checkpoint. There are no manual saves in Kingdom Come: Deliverance — you’ll have to use your bed, an inn, or a rare (expensive!) Savior Schnapps to save your progress.
That is, until now. An enterprising creator has already created a mod that works with the Day 1 patch, allowing you Holy Roman Empire commoners to save whenever you want, wherever you want. There’s no penalty to using this mod, you’ll still earn Steam Achievements even with this mod active. There’s no downside here, and you’ll be able to save freely.
More Kingdom Come: Deliverance guides on Gameranx:
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – 5 Tips To Help You Get Cash | Early Gold Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – How To Start Every Courtship | Romance Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – How To Save Your Game | Beginner’s Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – How To Use Developer Console on PC | Commands List
Use This Mod On PC To Save Manually [PSA]
The ‘Unlimited Saving’ mod for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, created by EddieShoe and Biosmanager on NexusMods, changes the game so you can save anywhere — when the game allows you to save.
Steam Achievements will still unlock with this mod installed, and it has been tested to work with Patch 1.2.1. There are two versions of the mod included — one requires one Savior Schnapps in your inventory, the other does not. Using this mod will make it so you do not consume Savior Schnapps.
- Installation Guide:
- Click ‘Files’ tab at the top of the NexusMods entry and click ‘Manual Download’ for the version of the mod you want to begin downloading.
- Find the Kingdom Come: Deliverance installation folder.
- Ex.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\
- In your installation folder, find the ‘Data’ folder.
- Extract the downloaded zip file contents into the ‘Data’ folder to install.
Like any mod, this may cause problems down the line — players haven’t reported major issues with the mod yet. Still, backup your saves if you’ve made progress and don’t want to lose your save files after installing this mod.