Set amidst the backdrop of a yokai invasion, Shindenken’s action shooter Kamio Recoil stars a quintet of girls with special powers on a quest to restore peace to the world. Together, they must enter subspace and eliminate the yokai commanders, mechanised monsters who are threatening humanity’s existence.
Kamio Recoil was originally released as a Japanese version in 2014 at the Winter Comic Market. The English version, which is currently on Steam, was made possible through Publisher Hanaji Games. It comes with a range of features, including retro inspired challenges:
- Zero-Gravity Exploration and Shooting
- Weapon Recoil-Driven Movement – Propel yourself through zero-gravity with every shot!
- Five Unique Spirit Arms – Each with a primary and secondary fire.
- Classic Retro Inspired Challenge – Primary fire consumes HP. Labyrinthine stages. No revives.
- Maidens in Space! (And Other Places) – Six varied areas, each with multiple branching paths.
Kamio Recoil is now available for PC on Steam for $7.99 USD. Check out the gameplay footage for a taste of the zero gravity action.