• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Gameranx

Gameranx

Video Game News, Lists & Guides

  • News
  • Features
  • Platforms
    • Xbox Series X
    • PS5
    • Nintendo
  • Videos
  • Upcoming Games
  • Guides

More Rumors On Nintendo NX Appear; Two Devices With One OS?

January 10, 2016 by Ryan Parreno

We can’t verify this rumor, but it seems to connect to earlier rumors from October.

 

New rumors have sprung regarding the Nintendo NX. This rumor is difficult to verify, but the details do sound interesting, so if you’re interested read on below.

Last October, one of the rumors that came about regarding the NX allegedly came from Ubisoft, and now this source claims to also be from Ubisoft. This time, it’s a source in Ubisoft Bucharest, one of several studios that works on the Assassin’s Creed games, among others.

Again, bear in mind that this rumor can’t be verified. Our source posted this on 4chan, and it has since been deleted.

For your convenience, we’re sharing the full unedited statement below:

Some days ago I had been in contact with an Ubisoft Bucharest developer. Now, my last few days have been very busy with the start into the new year. I hope you all had a great start into 2016. That's why I'm writing that now and after he told it to me. So apperently Ubisoft Bucharest have recieved some NX dev kits in October 2015. And after experimenting a bit with the new hardware they started developing games for it.

But now we come to the interesting thing: According to him, NX is a portable device and a home console. There will be two different devices, the handheld and the home console, the first one will launch in late 2016, while the home console will probably launch sometimes in 2017. They only recieved dev kits for the handheld as of now.

He said they are both different systems but they share the same OS and account system, which makes it easier to him as developer to port games between both platforms. He also said that Nintendo probably doesn't intend to bring all their games to both systems, but he will find out more on this at CES 2016 where Nintendo will show them more of the hardware capabilities as well as the home console.

Now I asked him what Ubisoft Bucharest is developing for the portable NX device and he answered that they are preparing a port of Assassin's Creed Liberation, a PlayStation Vita game, for it as a launch title. He said when they were asked by the Ubisoft managers in France what they want to develop they said they wanted to port an Assassin's Creed game to the handheld because they have a lot of experience in porting.

I also asked him what other Ubisoft devs are doing with the new hardware and he said he doesn't anything concrete but Ubisoft Montpellier is probably working on a new Rayman game and Ubisoft Montreal may also work a game. However Ubisoft doesn't work on any games for the home console currently.

He didn't want to say anything about the hardware itself because its specs may vary in the final product.

 

What do you make of this rumor? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.

Share this post:

FacebookTwitterLinkedInPinterest

Recent Videos

10 Upcoming Games With INSANE Graphics

10 Upcoming Games With INSANE Graphics

Resident Evil Requiem: 10 BIGGEST CHANGES

Resident Evil Requiem: 10 BIGGEST CHANGES

20 AA Games We CAN'T WAIT To Play

20 AA Games We CAN'T WAIT To Play

50 BEST Sci-Fi Games You SHOULD NOT Miss

50 BEST Sci-Fi Games You SHOULD NOT Miss

10 Early Access Games That Have Improved a LOT

10 Early Access Games That Have Improved a LOT

God of War: Sons of Sparta - Before You Buy

God of War: Sons of Sparta - Before You Buy

BIG NEW PLAYSTATION STATE OF PLAY GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS & MORE

BIG NEW PLAYSTATION STATE OF PLAY GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS & MORE

Reanimal - Before You Buy

Reanimal - Before You Buy

High on Life 2 - Before You Buy

High on Life 2 - Before You Buy

Category: UpdatesTag: Nintendo NX

Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • Highguard Dev Admits “Reputational Damage Already Done” But They Are Focused On Improving The Game
  • Strauss Zelnick On GTA Publisher Take-Two: We’re Not In The Business Of Creating Revenue
  • Take-Two Argues They Have Kept GTA More Affordable “On A Real Basis” Through The Years
  • PC Is Lead Platform For Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 3, PS5 & PS5 Pro Is Designated As “Mid-Range”
  • No Rest For The Wicked Runs On Switch 2 Now, Dev Also Wants To Have Cross Play and Cross Progression

Copyright © 2026 · Gameranx · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Mai Theme