The latest update for sandbox strategy game Besiege on Steam is now live and brings with it a range of improvements and gameplay enhancements. Developer Spiderling Studios has also revealed that as part of Update V1.20, new Besiege merchandise is also now available for fans to get their hands on.
In an update on the game’s official Steam page, the developers have discussed the introduction of a new block into the gameplay, which is intended to give new players and novice builders a way to construct machines that fly. The new piece of kit will function in a similar way to a hot air balloon and is also customisable in terms of colour and mid-flight buoyancy.
In addition to this, the game’s UI has had a bit of a clean-up and refresh, in order to improve the overall gameplay experience for players. The full patch notes for Besiege Update V1.20 are listed below.
- Added a new Block, THE HOT AIR BALLOON.
- Added a new level for Ipsilon (Zone 3).
- Reworked old tutorials.
- Added new tutorials.
- Reworked direction arrows on rotating blocks to make it more clear which way they will turn.
- Fixed problem with balloon ai in Sandbox.
- Braces now show a ghost when dragging.
- Fixed problem with SSAO settings not updating correctly in Multiplayer.
- Fixed missing HUD lighting which caused the UI to be darker than intended.
- Reworked UI on the Top Bar.
- Steering Block is now properly grid aligned.
- Fixed a lot of different translation errors.
- Sliders related to height values now use logarithmic scaling.
- Moved Server Health and Server Buttons in Multiplayer.
- Updated model and texture on Balloons.
- Changed the Version check for connecting in MP to be less strict.
- It is now possible to undo a machine deletion.
- Rope default mass has been lowered from 1 mass total to 0.4 (will not affect saved machines).
- Added a new option for disabling deformation of meshes.
- Fixed miss-aligned Flying Block Collider.
- Adjusted AI melee attack range to be less when hitting upwards.
- Undoing now also changes tools to match the action that was undone.
- Added a secret.
- Resetting machine rotation now resets around the gizmo instead of around the transform position.
- Lenses rain has been disabled on multiple levels.
- Optimized all Cog Colliders.
Besiege is available now on PC via Steam and a console version is also available on Xbox Series S/X and Xbox One.