Binding of Isaac is one of gaming’s strange incarnations. It’s an independent title that has taken a hugely important role in the world of video games. Night or day, if you log on to popular streaming service Twitch.tv, you’ll see the game is among the most-streamed titles of the day. Many have carved a niche for themselves, playing Binding of Isaac all day long for an extremely loyal fan base.
A new blog post made by Binding of Isaac’s developer reveals what upcoming expansion ‘Afterbirth’ will be bringing to the mix:
– 100+ new items
– a full new game mode that will totally change how you play
– 10 new challenges
– a new playable character
– a new alternate final chapter
– new alt floors
– new game endings
– new final bosses
– tons of new bosses and enemies
– new item pickups, cards, pills, etc.
– tons of new achievements and rewards for beating the game on hard
– new co-op babies
– new transformation
The developer also took time to list his favorite fan ideas, some of which he claims he may use in future expansions to Binding of Isaac:
1. a XXXL room challenge: all floors are XL but have the max amount of rooms per XL floor.
2. High Speed!: the game plays at x2 speed
3. Sonic: all doors are arcade doors, start with 99 coins all enemies have greed shot effect (cause you to drop/loose coins) you die at 0 coins.
4. Max hearts : a challenge where you start with max heart containers but hearts no longer drop.
5. High Rule: start with moms knife + trinity shield + boomerang
6. Rollers: each time you complete a room all of your items and stats are rerolled (item pools arent depleted)
7. BRAINS! : start with 3-4 bobs brains, blindfolded (no tears)
8. Blue Bomber: blue baby run with kamikaze + flying + new dlc item + pyromaniac, Blindfolded (no tears)
9. all start boss rush: a challenge where you fight all the games bosses