• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Gameranx

Gameranx

Video Game News, Lists & Guides

  • News
  • Features
  • Platforms
    • Xbox Series X
    • PS5
    • Nintendo
  • Videos
  • Upcoming Games
  • Guides

The Order 1886 Won’t Have Multiplayer

February 6, 2014 by Stephen Daly

Ready at Dawn is aiming for 30fps for their ‘third-person single player action game’.

Ready at Dawn's PlayStation 4 exclusive The Order: 1886 will not have a multiplayer mode, studio co-founder Ru Weerasuriya has revealed. 

Speaking to German website Play3, Weerasuriya commented, "The title is a third-person single player action game."

Asked about the possibility that the game might eventually be developed for PS3 he said:

"We currently work exclusively on the PS4 version. Games are always designed for cross-platforms, but clearly, if there is a possibility to take over the physics system to other platforms, we would use this."

The studio will take a "financial hit" due to The Order: 1886's PS4 exclusivity but Weerasuriya says the decision was "natural" as the PS4's hardware allows the team to focus on their creative vision. 

Ready at Dawn's other co-founder and chief technical officer Andrea Pessino noted on Twitter, "No multiplayer, it is a single player, third person action adventure game. :)"

He said the studio had made the decision because it is, "better to do one thing well than a whole bunch half-assed. 🙂 We are trying to make a single player experience you will enjoy."

In Weerasuriya's interview, he also stated that The Order: 1886 will run at 30fps.

“Currently we do not aim [for] 60 frames per second. In a first person shooter that [surely] makes sense. Also fighting games are undoubtedly predestined for 60 frames.

“But for us, the cinematic experience is in the foreground [basically focus] – presented in full HD 1080p. In favor of spectacular effects and the highest resolution we restrict ourselves to a fluid 30 frames per second.”

The Order: 1886 isn't the only major PS4 exclusive game to lack online play, it was recently announced that inFamous: Second Son will also be single player only. 

Pessino has previously hinted that the game will be released this Autumn. 

Share this post:

FacebookTwitterLinkedInPinterest

Recent Videos

SONY CLOSES MAJOR STUDIO, HEAD OF XBOX RETIRES & MORE

SONY CLOSES MAJOR STUDIO, HEAD OF XBOX RETIRES & MORE

20 Best Recent Games That Are NOW DIRT CHEAP

20 Best Recent Games That Are NOW DIRT CHEAP

10 Upcoming Games With INSANE Graphics

10 Upcoming Games With INSANE Graphics

Resident Evil Requiem: 10 BIGGEST CHANGES

Resident Evil Requiem: 10 BIGGEST CHANGES

20 AA Games We CAN'T WAIT To Play

20 AA Games We CAN'T WAIT To Play

50 BEST Sci-Fi Games You SHOULD NOT Miss

50 BEST Sci-Fi Games You SHOULD NOT Miss

10 Early Access Games That Have Improved a LOT

10 Early Access Games That Have Improved a LOT

God of War: Sons of Sparta - Before You Buy

God of War: Sons of Sparta - Before You Buy

BIG NEW PLAYSTATION STATE OF PLAY GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS & MORE

BIG NEW PLAYSTATION STATE OF PLAY GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS & MORE

Category: Updates

Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • Rumor: Next Santa Monica Studio Game Is Not Focused On *Atreus*
  • Pokemon Presents Confirmed Next Week
  • Rockstar Seems To Have A Secret Bonus Limited To Some GTA Online Players
  • Naughty Dog Is Hiring For Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet – And Possibly More
  • Rockstar Changed One Line In Trevor’s Dialogue In GTA V (Guess)

Copyright © 2026 · Gameranx · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Mai Theme