Enter into 3 vs 3 PVP in Dark Souls 3 in the Hollow Arena, a new location where players can duel with friends (or randoms) in map specially designed to address issues with the basic invasion system. First of all, encounters are now timed, and the use of Estus Flasks can be limited (or removed entirely). Instead of Estus, some players will be able to use a smaller amount of Ashen Flashes, depending on the restrictions set in the Arena before a battle begins.
Duel and Brawl are the two modes, with Duel forming the “classic” 1 vs 1 experience, removing Estus entirely and forcing two undead to battle to the death. The Brawl mode is a little different — teams of 3 fight for supremacy and respawn after each death. The player with the most kills at the end of the round wins. Arenas will allow for password matchmaking, if you want to only invite friends.
If that all sounds awesome to you, check out how to unlock access to the arena area below.
How to Access the New PVP Modes
To unlock access to the Hollow Arena, you must defeat a specific boss. Enter the Ashes of Ariandel DLC area and follow the instructions below:
- Defeat the Champion’s Gravetender & Gravetender Greatwolf Boss in the Painted World of Ariandel.
- To access this boss, cut down the rope bridge that gives access to the Cathedral where Sister Friede resides. Climb down the bridge (just like accessing the Smouldering Lake) — follow the path to trigger the optional boss.
- Take the Champion’s Bones and teleport back to the Firelink Shrine.
- Burn the Champion’s Bones in the Firelink bonfire to unlock access to the Hollow Arena.
That’s all it takes. Not exactly easy, but Dark Souls 3 masters should have no problem conquering these trials and moving on to the deadly combat in the Hollow arena.
More Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel guides, secrets, and locations:
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – DLC Walkthrough | Low-Spoilers Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – 12 Cryptic Details Worth Checking Out
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – All New DLC Weapons | Locations Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – All New DLC Armor | Locations Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – All New DLC Spells | Locations Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – All New DLC Key Items | Locations Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – How To Beat Every Boss | Strategies Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – How to Access the DLC Area
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – How to Access the New PVP Area
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – How to Get the Chillbite Ring
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.