The roster includes; two Sorcery spells, one Pyromancy, and one Miracle. The sorcery spells are all about frost damage — either applying frost to a weapon, or freezing opponents with a burst of magical power. The Pyromancy summons a fire-spitting orb of pure chaos, and the Miracle launches a boomerang-like projectile.
That’s ontop of everything else new in the Painted World of Ariandel. Learn all about these spell locations, some of them very well hidden, in the notes below.
All New DLC Spells | Locations Guide
- Type: Pyromancy
- Effect: Summons a fire-spitting chaos orb.
Found in the Painted World of Ariandel. Go to the Crypt Bonfire (located beneath the Sister Friede cathedral) — find an Illusory Wall to the right of the entrance on the first floor. The new path leads to a root-covered hole. Drop in and continue toward the arena. The NPC enemy here (who only appears if you’re Embered) is equipped with the Pyromancy spell. Kill him to loot it off his corpse.
- Type: Sorcery – 18 Intelligence Required
- Effect: Creates a cloud of near-freezing mist.
Descend down the roots from the Sister Friede Cathedral area. To reach the roots of the Painted World, cut the rope bridge leading to the Cathedal and climb down the bridge like a ladder. At the bottom, follow the path to a frozen lake with a bonfire and guarded by giant crabs. On the right, move up the snowy hill and fight through the tree-like women. This path leads to the Snap Freeze spell, which can be collected from a corpse.
- Type: Sorcery – 15 Intelligence Required
- Effect: Imbues right-hand weapon with frost.
Drop down into the ravine near the stone tower to find a bonfire. From this bonfire, go left and follow the inclined path upward. Follow this passage to an alcove guarded by bugs. The corpse here is carrying the Frozen Weapon spell.
Way of the White Corona
- Type: Sorcery – 18 Faith Required
- Effect: Launches a white discus which slices into foes and returns to its conjurer.
Explore the Corvian Settlement beneath the Cathedral in the Painted World of Ariandel. Once you reach the rooftops, use the tower ladder to climb up onto the rampart walls to reach the church rooftop. Drop down onto the wooden beams above the church, then drop onto the church first floor. Deal with the Corvian assassins and collect the spell from the kneeling corpse in the center.
More Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel guides, secrets, and locations:
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – DLC Walkthrough | Low-Spoilers Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – 12 Cryptic Details Worth Checking Out
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – All New DLC Weapons | Locations Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – All New DLC Armor | Locations Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – All New DLC Key Items | Locations Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – How To Beat Every Boss | Strategies Guide
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – How to Access the DLC Area
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – How to Access the New PVP Area
- Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel – How to Get the Chillbite Ring